caulfield12

20 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Some other interesting ones:

Houston #29

San Diego #28

Twins #23

Detroit #22

KC #21

Not surprised with San Diego. They've traded A TON of talent the past couple of years. The fact that they are still 28th after all of that speaks how incredible their farm system was.

I’m kinda shocked the Cubs are 10th.  I like Pete Crow Armstrong well enough as a glove first, bottom third of the order cf, but I was never a big Brennan Davis guy. I’ll agree Alcantara is an imposing specimen, but the results in A+ are meh.  I see a lot of depth, but where’s the impact?

18 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Not surprised with San Diego. They've traded A TON of talent the past couple of years. The fact that they are still 28th after all of that speaks how incredible their farm system was.

That’s true but what do they have to show for it at the MLB level? A slightly above average but expensive roster. Maybe they should have just held onto all the prospects instead.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Like Beetlejuice, if anyone mentions "Padres" enough times, caulfield appears.

It will be one favorite team for everyone to root against...and cheer for the Brewers and Phillies.

If they come up short, Preller will be out and Melvin maybe gets one more chance to turn things around in 2023.

None of this will be good for Hahn or LaRussa, which most fans obviously won't lose any sleep over.

Of course, they also have health and suspension issues to excuse their Underperfomance at $230+ million but not entirely missing the 12 team postseason after massive personnel additions at the deadline.

On 8/23/2022 at 9:52 PM, caulfield12 said:

Jerry Owens Josh Fields Ehren Wasserman Andy Gonzalez lol.

In Wasserman's defense, he was a dark horse who came out of nowehere. I believe the big league team faced him in an intrasquad game and basically were forced to give him a chance.

What is sad is the fact Cleveland is 27th and Baltimore 30th in team payrolls as opposed to the Sox 7th. Both Clev and Bal have winning records and good chances at the playoffs. 

2022 Team Payrolls

Sox - 7th -  $196,720,283
Guardians - 27th - $66,165,861
Orioles - 30th - $43,462,824

Great job Hahn and FO on drafting and developing your players!

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Wasn't that Boone Logan, or did Ehren have the same kind of thing happen?

Maybe it was Boone. Actually, I think you're right.

...but I did remember Wasserman did come out of nowhere - fringe-ish prospect --> big league bullpen

Just now, JoeC said:

Maybe it was Boone. Actually, I think you're right.

...but I did remember Wasserman did come out of nowhere - fringe-ish prospect --> big league bullpen

I do agree on the latter.  He came out of no where and kind of had a junkballer delivery which fooled people for a while IIRC>

Dodgers #2 farm system, #1 highest payroll and # 1 best record 86-37. 

The Dodgers go recruit Andrew Friedman from Tampa Bay, the former GM of the Rays.  He built a winning yearly playoff team for years at TB, with topically one of the lowest payrolls in baseball. Now as president of Dodgers and the fact he has all the money in the world to spend, he still somehow didn't forget on to draft talent and develop it.

As was stated in another post by someone here, let's go steal a TB executive, since TB has been winning consistently and making the playoffs without Friedman. Or secondly, perhaps we steal one the executives from Andrew Friedman's front office.

6 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Dodgers #2 farm system, #1 highest payroll and # 1 best record 86-37. 

The Dodgers go recruit Andrew Friedman from Tampa Bay, the former GM of the Rays.  He built a winning yearly playoff team for years at TB, with topically one of the lowest payrolls in baseball. Now as president of Dodgers and the fact he has all the money in the world to spend, he still somehow didn't forget on to draft talent and develop it.

As was stated in another post by someone here, let's go steal a TB executive, since TB has been winning consistently and making the playoffs without Friedman. Or secondly, perhaps we steal one the executives from Andrew Friedman's front office.

I think Chaim Bloom will be available!

Personally I'd go after a Braves FO. I think most of this board was a fan of Anthropolous in TOR, but then he learns in LA and takes over in ATL has pushed all the right buttons. Granted, he didn't build ATL up from scratch.

But ATL is the one other org you can look at and see a successful version of what the sox can be. The Rays can't be recreated exactly with the sox, as they get additional top 40 draft picks and an extra million in INTL money every year. The dodgers have a front office probably 3x the white sox, and an easy $300 mil.

But the sox can look at the braves and be like "why the hell are they so much better than us so often" and should be embarrassed. We have similar revenue (or did before battery park), similar competitive rules, and have been way less competitive for the last 40 years.