8/24- Sox at Orioles, 6:05

flavum

5 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

He wasn't supposed to be the big run producer at this point. He shouldn't have had to be our biggest offensive threat. Jim said it best on the Sox Machine podcast that he should be allowed to age. He's 35 and we'd have all been thrilled with the numbers he's putting up when he signed his latest contract here. Look at the catcher hitting .200 with single A power, the third baseman hitting .200, the LF who misses half the year, etc.

Right, so he's no longer capable of being our biggest offensive threat, therefore we should stop paying and playing him like he is.  Vaughn has more RBIs in 22 less games, I'm just sick of Jose getting a free pass, if he hits at team average with RISP this year this team is in 1st place. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

He’s not even close to DFA worthy. Disappointing  AF, yes, but he’s still a very useful player. The bat will bounce back next season and the defense is elite. 

Let's hope he finds some extra motivation this off-season. 

3 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Right, so he's no longer capable of being our biggest offensive threat, therefore we should stop paying and playing him like he is.  Vaughn has more RBIs in 22 less games, I'm just sick of Jose getting a free pass, if he hits at team average with RISP this year this team is in 1st place. 

I'm not sure what team you've been watching but he has been our biggest offensive threat this year. Without him things are worse.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He’s not even close to DFA worthy. Disappointing  AF, yes, but he’s still a very useful player. The bat will bounce back next season and the defense is elite. 

Better hope it does. Can't have someone at 3B that bad with the bat with no position versatility. If he's subbing .600 by this point next year and the Sox are contending, he will be unplayable.

Just now, JoeCredeYes said:

Watch Hahn will trade AV and bring Jose back at 2-$50M. 

Nobody is giving Jose $25 million a year. He probably gets $15 million a year. 

Rutschman sure is fast for a catcher. He almost beat that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Are we talking about the guy leading the team in doubles, homers, walks, average, slugging, on-base, and OPS? Just wondering.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Watch Hahn will trade AV and bring Jose back at 2-$50M. 

If they can get top value for Vaughn ( I doubt they can), they should explore this(although abreu won't cost 50 mil). But also I don't trust Hahn in any trade so maybe not.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

Better hope it does. Can't have someone at 3B that bad with the bat with no position versatility. If he's subbing .600 by this point next year and the Sox are contending, he will be unplayable.

He’ll never be unplayable because he’s an elite 3B of a team full of DHs. Positional versatility is irrelevant for Yoan.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

He’ll never be unplayable because he’s an elite 3B of a team full of DHs. Positional versatility is irrelevant for Yoan.  

.600 ops at 3b is already unplayable for a team serious about winning. Fortunately for Yoan the latter doesn't apply 

• Like 1