8/24- Sox at Orioles, 6:05

flavum

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Trade Sheets to Baltimore if they would take him. Stick Colas in RF ,Vaughn at 1st, Cespedes/ Happ LF , Nimmo in CF , Robert in LF ?

I don’t think Robert is moving from CF anytime soon. Nimmo and Colas in the corners by June next season is a good plan by me. 

2 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

.600 ops at 3b is already unplayable for a team serious about winning. Fortunately for Yoan the latter doesn't apply 

His career OPS is .760. Yoan will be fine. Brutal season, but he’ll be fine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

DH will not keep Eloy healthy.  He gets hurt running the bases.  He gets hurt swinging the bat.  If they can't trade him might as well just keep him in LF and have a good backup LFer for when he's on the IL.

He’s an awful LF. We badly need to improve defensively next season. Getting Eloy out of the field permanently and AV to 1B or traded is an enormous step in that direction. 

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Not sure what your definition of fine will be or how it's going to be accomplished.

I don’t think 2022 Yoan is guaranteed to be the Yoan moving forward. He’s got a career .760 OPS. He’s an amazing defender. He’s in his prime. He has all the talent in the world. He’ll be fine. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don’t think 2022 Yoan is guaranteed to be the Yoan moving forward. He’s got a career .760 OPS. He’s an amazing defender. He’s in his prime. He has all the talent in the world. He’ll be fine. 

He looks terrible as a hitter though , no signs at all he'll be fine but I hope your faith is rewarded. Maybe should be a part of Project Birmingham.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He’s an awful LF. We badly need to improve defensively next season. Getting Eloy out of the field permanently and AV to 1B or traded is an enormous step in that direction. 

I agree but I wouldn't trade AV to make room for Eloy who's likely to spend a lot of time on the IL even if he's the DH.  Plus, he doesn't even want to DH - who knows if he'll sulk if forced to DH.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He looks terrible as a hitter though , no signs at all he'll be fine but I hope your faith is rewarded. Maybe should be a part of Project Birmingham.

Yeah, see in a sample size guy. I’ll take the larger sample size of .760 OPS versus the smaller sample size of him looking terrible. This season doesn’t mean jack shit once next season starts. I get why people are down on him, but even if want to assume he’s a .650 OPS bat moving forward he’s still an above average player. If he starts hitting again, suddenly you have a 3+ WAR player again. 

2 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I agree but I wouldn't trade AV to make room for Eloy who's likely to be spend a lot of time on the IL even if he's the DH.  Plus, he doesn't even want to DH - who knows if he'll sulk if forced to DH.

Who gives a fuck what Eloy wants. The time to stop caring about his feelings have long since passed. Plus Pollock is on this roster next year so we have insurance in the OF regardless. 

• Love 1