2023 Schedule Released

ScootsMcGoots

I hate it. I’ll be rooting for it to be a disaster with rainouts and makeup games. 

If they were going to do this much travel, then they should have played fewer interleague games, eliminated divisions, and just let the top 6 teams in each league filter out over 162. 

This is going to be terrible and I can’t wait for it to fail. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, flavum said:

I hate it. I’ll be rooting for it to be a disaster with rainouts and makeup games. 

If they were going to do this much travel, then they should have played fewer interleague games, eliminated divisions, and just let the top 6 teams in each league filter out over 162. 

That travel in June is something. In NY for 3, back home for 3, west coast for 6, back home for 6, back to the west coast for 6.

40 minutes ago, Snopek said:

The roster should (should) look different next year, but man, it’s really hard to gauge what the easier parts of the schedule are because I truly have no idea who the team can beat.

I think it’s very possible this year’s AL Central with next year’s schedule would produce a 3-seed with a losing record. They’re playing with fire with this format. 

38 minutes ago, Snopek said:

That travel in June is something. In NY for 3, back home for 3, west coast for 6, back home for 6, back to the west coast for 6.

The prime window during which we'd usually drive to see the Sox on the road are all series that aren't driveable (realistically).

55 minutes ago, flavum said:

I like the idea of playing more teams outside the division. I honestly don’t have any sympathy for how often they'll be traveling. And for the few fans that follow the team to KC, Detroit, Minnesota or Cleveland, you’ll only have six less games per divisional opponent to watch them outside Chicago. 

Edited by Flash Tizzle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, flavum said:

I feel quite the opposite. Playing 19 intradivison games gets awfully boring. Seeing new teams and stadiums is fun. It might be a logistical nightmare but it makes the fan experience better IMO.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I feel quite the opposite. Playing 19 intradivison games gets awfully boring. Seeing new teams and stadiums is fun. It might be a logistical nightmare but it makes the fan experience better IMO.  

I’m not a fan of 76 division games either. I’ve always pushed for eliminating divisions, playing a balanced schedule, and having the top 5 (now 6) make the playoffs. If it were up to me, the Sox would play 18 interleague games, including 6 vs the Cubs; the Tigers, Guardians, Royals, and Twins 11 games over 4 series; and the other 10 league opponents, 10 games over 3 series. I was told for years, this would be too many games out west, and (oh my!) the travel costs!! Now they’re doing it, only the dumb way. 

Edited by flavum

7 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

It will be interesting to see what happens in case of postponements vs. a team from the N.L.

Or just any series. There are 52 series next year. 44 of them are “the last time we play this team in this park”. Can’t wait!

Edited by flavum
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Rather have this than watching Tigers and Royals 3 freaking weekend series a year each.

I like that too. There’s just no point in having three division winners and three wildcards. Just stack the leagues, and the six best records are seeded in that order. Period. 

• Like 1