8/25- Sox at Orioles, 6:05

flavum

Sox need to rattle off some wins over the next 10 (1 at BAL, 3 vs. AZ, 3 vs. KC and 3 vs. a reeling MN club).  7-3 between today and week from Sunday should get them within spitting distance of the Guardians (4 at SEA, 3. vs. BAL, 3 vs. SEA) before heading out on a 7 game west coast trip in Seattle and Oakland.  Not sure you can do any worse than 7-3.  For example, Sox go 6-4 and CLE goes 5-5, still 3 back (4 with tiebreaker) with 28 to play.  Gets awfully tough at that point unless CLE collapses.    

It's do or die time.

We definitely should be rooting for the M's to kick the Guardians butts the next 10 days, but that also would probably take the WC out of play, if it isn't already (probably is). 

Edited by ChiSox59
counting is hard

• bmags pinned this topic
2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sox need to rattle off some wins over the next 10 (1 at BAL, 3 vs. AZ, 3 vs. KC and 3 vs. a reeling MN club).  7-3 between today and week from Sunday should get them within spitting distance of the Guardians (4 at SEA, 3. vs. BAL, 3 vs. SEA) before heading out on a 7 game west coast trip in Seattle and Oakland.  Not sure you can do any worse than 7-3.  For example, Sox go 6-4 and CLE goes 5-5, still 3 back (4 with tiebreaker) with 28 to play.  Gets awfully tough at that point unless CLE collapses.    

It's do or die time.

We definitely should be rooting for the M's to kick the Guardians butts the next 10 days, but that also would probably take the WC out of play, if it isn't already (probably is). 

I respect you're still doing this. I can't wrap my head around the idea of still being invested in this team on August 25th after everything we've witnessed the last year. Just can't do it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

It's do or die time.

Has Tony ever come out in favor of winning? I don't think he got the memo, or he is heavily leveraged in the new MLB gaming industry. Somebody should check on that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tony said:

I respect you're still doing this. I can't wrap my head around the idea of still being invested in this team on August 25th after everything we've witnessed the last year. Just can't do it. 

Yeah, I can’t get on board.. they realistically need to go 24-14 rest of the way and they’ve shown no signs of a run like that at all.  (Missing Kopech now too).  The lack of urgency the first 3 months of season really come into play this time of year.   They would need to show me the consistent ability to score 5-6+ runs a game for a week straight before I get pulled back in.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I am not that hopeful.  But there certainly is still a path.  Requires this team to string together a streak they haven't done all season, so all skepticism is warranted.  But the Guardians and Twins stink, too. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I am not that hopeful.  But there certainly is still a path.  Requires this team to string together a streak they haven't done all season, so all skepticism is warranted.  But the Guardians and Twins stink, too. 

I am still quite hopeful but with every loss the optimism fades even more. You are right though, there is certainly still a path to the playoffs.

Sox definitely need to go 9-1 the next 10. Ok, maybe 8-2 would be good enough. Just assuming they have to get to 88 wins, so 25-13 the rest of the season. Stranger things have happened and we’re this close to the end. Might as well hope they turn into the 2007 Rockies.

20 minutes ago, flavum said:

Sox definitely need to go 9-1 the next 10. Ok, maybe 8-2 would be good enough. Just assuming they have to get to 88 wins, so 25-13 the rest of the season. Stranger things have happened and we’re this close to the end. Might as well hope they turn into the 2007 Rockies.

That would be fantastic if they went 9-1 or 8-2 over the next 10 games though a more likely record will be 4-6 or 5-5.

4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

They're in Chicago this weekend. 

The weekend games were moved to Anchorage for a Peacock Network Midnight Sun MLB Special starring Jason Benetti. (Who everybody loves).