8/25- Sox at Orioles, 6:05

flavum

Orioles made an error that cost them a run but not the game.

Sox are snake bit this year. It's hard to explain but Ozzie had one of the best takes on it. He opined that if a team is scoring a lot of runs, errors and misplays do not cost that many games.  The Sox lose a lot of close games because they are in a lot of them because they can't blow out too many opponents. These close games without much offense get harder to watch , especially when the Sox blow so many of them.

• Haha 1

Just now, AJ'S Cousin said:

For a Hoot as they say, Ozzie should manage, but we know that’s an impossibility, AJ in the booth or Blackjack McDowell.  Stone will retire very soon, Benetti will get a National Job very soon, he’s an all around broadcaster. Fox will scope him up sooner than later. I think Giradi is a logical choice to manage. 

I can’t say this enough. If you can name the likeliest manager replacement you have done your search wrong. We do not need someone with a great reputation, we already tried that. We need someone who has studied what happened to this mess and who has ideas for how to get out of it. Don’t prejudge based on someone’s name or race or experience with the organization like we did last time, sit down and listen to people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I can’t say this enough. If you can name the likeliest manager replacement you have done your search wrong. We do not need someone with a great reputation, we already tried that. We need someone who has studied what happened to this mess and who has ideas for how to get out of it. Don’t prejudge based on someone’s name or race or experience with the organization like we did last time, sit down and listen to people.

And you would hire who???

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

On an 0-2 count to a rookie hitting .130.  A high off speed pitch is probably only pitch he could hit.  Dumb pitch selection when you can throw a 100 mph fast ball or a slider in the dirt.

Isn’t it par for the course? Pitchers with era’s of 6 and above look like Cy Young against us, hitter’s batting.130 or rookies hit the homer’s to beat us from our CLOSER. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Three errors.  Unreal.

Please trade 

1st home Hr Ball of career.

19 consecutive saves string broken.

Homers two consecutive nights.  Down to last strike.

They lose tonight and you can officially fork them.

Bautista warming.

First hit since fourth.

18 consecutive PA's with no hit for O's.  0/13 string for Stowers.

We are the dumbest team in the league.  Lacking baseball IQ.  Who is calling the pitches for Hendriks?

5 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

And you would hire who???

I have no idea. I would start by hiring a search firm to gauge interest from something like 30 qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and collect their backgrounds and resumes. I would then schedule interviews with a dozen or so and spend several hours with each of them discussing their philosophy, experience, examples from their backgrounds, and how they would fix this mess. I would filter them down to 2 or 3 based on these interviews and bring the next batch in for second interviews then hire the person who is the best fit.

You know, how professional teams do it.

The idea that it can only be a washed up previous manager with experience or a fiery former white Sox player is the same poison that has been dumped into our last 3 coaching searches. It’s exactly how we got where we are today. Don’t do it again.

• Like 2

Bad loss. I feel sorry for Engel. He just took his eye off the ball for some reason. Very sad situation. Game was over.

I see Moncada got hurt again. What a year. Hopefully Sox fix the medical issues for 2023. This is no way to play baseball short handed every week.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I have no idea. I would start by hiring a search firm to gauge interest from something like 30 qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and collect their backgrounds and resumes. I would then schedule interviews with a dozen or so and spend several hours with each of them discussing their philosophy, experience, examples from their backgrounds, and how they would fix this mess. I would filter them down to 2 or 3 based on these interviews and bring the next batch in for second interviews then hire the person who is the best fit.

The idea that it can only be a washed up previous manager with experience or a fiery former white Sox player is the same poison that has been dumped into our last 3 coaching searches. It’s exactly how we got where we are today. Don’t do it again.

You know I was joking about Ozzie, I said just for a hoot. But I do believe, with the Cuban/Latin make up of the team, you have to interview some younger prospects today. 

1 minute ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

You know I was joking about Ozzie, I said just for a hoot. But I do believe, with the Cuban/Latin make up of the team, you have to interview some younger prospects today. 

I left out the word Latin prospects also. 

2 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

We have plenty of time and talent to make up a relatively small gap.  The worry is that there really does seem to be something deeply wrong with this team.

If one is of the winter opinion that the FO had, that this group was already good enough to win the division, that worry seems appropriate. But that opinion was a likely mistake. They are  who we didn’t think they were. If the treatment of this roster wasn’t worrying way before the season began, it should have been. Hahn was waaaaay too complacent.

2 hours ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

I just don't understand how the front office doesn't see this?

You have to understand this organization under JR has always had an arrogant attitude, "WE know what we are doing...how dare you question us!" And they honestly believe that even though the numbers for 40+ seasons show limited success.

It starts with JR and runs right through the main cogs in the baseball side of the operation. Consider all the times Kenny, Hahn, Cooper even Ozzie when he was manager ripped the fan base. Stone does it all the time on Twitter. 

They feel they have the answers, are always ahead of the rest of their contemporaries and ultimately will be proven right.

That's why you may see TLR go in the off season or a coach or two but they won't have the drastic housecleaning they need like John Allyn did in September 1970 when the Sox lost credibility with the fan base.

If you are a fan the best advice I can give you is hope to outlive JR and see what new ownership brings.

43 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

The pitching staff has not been the problem. It’s not properly getting these guys in shape. When Herman was in charge, we never had so many pulled muscles. Everyone had the same amount of Spring Training, 

Some folks seem to be expressing that the offense should be picking up the pitching more, but the team is right about where it should be record wise in terms of ERA Vs team record. Underperformance does not appear to be the issue. This team was overrated by FO and fans alike.

• Hawk 1

His blast was merely the first home run that vaunted White Sox closer Liam Hendriks had conceded on an 0-2 count since 2018, and it also made him the first Oriole to have his first career homer be a game-tying blast in the ninth inning or later since Rich Coggins in 1973.

And on top of it all, it was almost never possible. Stowers lofted the first pitch he saw from Hendriks down the left-field line, watching as it popped in and out of the glove of defensive replacement Adam Engel in foul territory. It was ruled an error; had it not unfolded as such, Thursday’s game would have ended right there.

“I just knew I had another chance,” Stowers said. “That's all you can ask for.”

mlb.com

4 hours ago, tray said:

Orioles made an error that cost them a run but not the game.

Sox are snake bit this year. It's hard to explain but Ozzie had one of the best takes on it. He opined that if a team is scoring a lot of runs, errors and misplays do not cost that many games.  The Sox lose a lot of close games because they are in a lot of them because they can't blow out too many opponents. These close games without much offense get harder to watch , especially when the Sox blow so many of them.

Snake bit? Snake bit???? It's a fucking 162 game season. "Luck" evens itself out over that many games. This is who the White Sox are. They are the worst coached team in baseball (by a mile). They have the absolute worst medical and training staff in baseball. They have a hitting coach who has absolutely no idea how to work with the hitters or get through to them. They lack focus, every game. They suck at almost every baseball fundamental. They are a BAD team.

Wake the fuck up.

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I still think back to when reports came out the sox interviewed LaRussa and thought it was one of those token doing you a favor type of deals but then the nightmare had come to life.