8/25- Sox at Orioles, 6:05

flavum

We die a slow death everyday.. I just want someone to fucking put us out of our misery.. That won't happen until this God forsaken season ends 

We as white sox fans have had to endure misery like no other year.

If there was a way to throw in the towel and end this miserable season today I would do it. Because with each passing loss we think it can't get worse......AND IT DOES

MAKE IT STOP!!!

UNCLE! UNCLE!!

• Like 1

This team just finds all kinds of ways to lose games.  Tonight was a microcosm of the seasons of both teams.  Everything going right for the Orioles and nothing going right for the Sox.  Honestly, I am happy for the Orioles.  I have felt sorry for them for years having to deal with the Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, and Blue Jays in that division.

• Hawk 1

7 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Some folks seem to be expressing that the offense should be picking up the pitching more, but the team is right about where it should be record wise in terms of ERA Vs team record. Underperformance does not appear to be the issue. This team was overrated by FO and fans alike.

This team with 1 notable change in the rotation is quite similar to last year’s staff. They also spend an extra what, $20 million on the bullpen? In the process they’ve gone from 5th in ERA to 19th. That’s a pretty serious underperform.

1 hour ago, 2Deep said:

We die a slow death everyday.. I just want someone to fucking put us out of our misery.. That won't happen until this God forsaken season ends 

We as white sox fans have had to endure misery like no other year.

If there was a way to throw in the towel and end this miserable season today I would do it. Because with each passing loss we think it can't get worse......AND IT DOES

MAKE IT STOP!!!

UNCLE! UNCLE!!

Da Bears.

Sept. 11. Noon.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

This team with 1 notable change in the rotation is quite similar to last year’s staff. They also spend an extra what, $20 million on the bullpen? In the process they’ve gone from 5th in ERA to 19th. That’s a pretty serious underperform.

Yes, but what about Rodon’s regressing health and performance?

If only Sox Fans had Pink on the White Sox beat,  Hahn may have been asked tough questions for the first time in ten years. 

What about us?
What about all the times you said you had the answers?

What about us?
What about all the broken happy ever afters?

What about us?
What about all the plans that ended in disaster?

What about love? What about trust?
What about us?

What do we get instead of Pink? That’s scumbag liar at the Score fluffing Rick over bourbon.

We might have gone from 5th to 19th in ERA, but what would it be if we didn’t suck so bad in the 1st inning, very tired of starting the bottom of the 1st or top of the second down 3 or 4 runs lately.  

Edited by AJ'S Cousin

38 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

We might have gone from 5th to 19th in ERA, but what would it be if we didn’t suck so bad in the 1st inning, very tired of starting the bottom of the 1st or top of the second down 3 or 4 runs lately.  

In 2021, they were second in baseball in first inning ERA. In 2022 they are 27th.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

That $20 million was a woeful misallocation of resources.

3 hours ago, HoosierSox said:

Worse. He threw him a batting practice curveball on a 0-2 count. Throw a 98 mph fastball and the Sox probably win.

Yes, this was dumbest pitch selection in a while. Also shows lack of concentration on Hendricks' part. You have to know keeping the ball in the park is the key in that situation. Any breaking ball has to be out of the zone. I agree. Throw the fast ball and the game is over. Instead, the Sox season is over. 125 games into the campaign, and they have shown nothing by dumb baseball and an awful offense. In addition, they have shown a great variety of ways to lose baseball games.

9 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

You have to understand this organization under JR has always had an arrogant attitude, "WE know what we are doing...how dare you question us!" And they honestly believe that even though the numbers for 40+ seasons show limited success.

Can you imagine if the Sox had a humble attitude? Let's say KW, Jerry, Ozzie all worked together in the past instead of all pursuing their own agendas ($$$$$), the Sox might have been a dynasty. Ozzie was the perfect manager. Winning it all increased an already big ego. Think of if he was humble. All he needed was to embrace some advice from the GM regarding his giving away the final game of almost every series with his Sunday lineups and a few other things that could have been discussed, figuring a way to get him to stifle about world issues, etc. with the media. He was so talented they could have put something in his contract to reward him if there were no controversies in a given season with things directly caused by his speech. .... If Kenny would have allowed tinkering to hire better scouts and advanced scouts. And for Jerry to open his pocketbook so the Sox could sign some free agents and not embark on a silly tankjob/rebuild. The rebuild is a complete and utter failure.

Just my thoughts on arrogance. Didn't help the White Sox as KW, Ozzeroo and Jerry and of course Tony all have unhealthy egos IMO.

Edited by greg775

15 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

By the way, along with the famed "triple play" baserunning gaffe that's two games *Adam Engel* of all players has single-handedly cost the Sox, half the Division deficit.  Another thing I did not have on my 2022 Sox bingo card.

You know, usually we're hoping Engel just stays healthy and he's been pretty productive the last few years when he's been able to stay on the field. He's miraculously been healthy this year, but he's been flat out bad. 

13 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Can you imagine if the Sox had a humble attitude? Let's say KW, Jerry, Ozzie all worked together in the past instead of all pursuing their own agendas ($$$$$), the Sox might have been a dynasty. Ozzie was the perfect manager. Winning it all increased an already big ego. Think of if he was humble. All he needed was to embrace some advice from the GM regarding his giving away the final game of almost every series with his Sunday lineups and a few other things that could have been discussed, figuring a way to get him to stifle about world issues, etc. with the media. He was so talented they could have put something in his contract to reward him if there were no controversies in a given season with things directly caused by his speech. .... If Kenny would have allowed tinkering to hire better scouts and advanced scouts. And for Jerry to open his pocketbook so the Sox could sign some free agents and not embark on a silly tankjob/rebuild. The rebuild is a complete and utter failure.

Just my thoughts on arrogance. Didn't help the White Sox as KW, Ozzeroo and Jerry and of course Tony all have unhealthy egos IMO.

Ozzie wasn't half the problems his kids was.

47 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

By the way, along with the famed "triple play" baserunning gaffe that's two games *Adam Engel* of all players has single-handedly cost the Sox, half the Division deficit.  Another thing I did not have on my 2022 Sox bingo card.

Theres no way you bring him back next season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Giolito has done his part in the higher ERA this year.