Reese McGuire

SCCWS

3 hours ago, Texsox said:

In other recovering from groin issue news Nick Madrigal, after a few months on the IR, is hitting a lot of singles and walking. 

Why pay Madrigal the league minimum, when you can spend $11M on Leury and Big Energy, over $20M on Kimbrel before flipping him to spend over $20M and counting on Pollock?

Hahn’s roster construction and payroll management is certainly the Eighth Wonder of the World.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Why pay Madrigal the league minimum, when you can spend $11M on Leury and Big Energy, over $20M on Kimbrel before flipping him to spend over $20M and counting on Pollock?

Hahn’s roster construction and payroll management is certainly the Eighth Wonder of the World.

Why pay Madrigal the league minimum to rehab over and over again? We both can think of a couple reasons. 

Two issues here. Nicky turned out to be injury prone and not someone you could build around. Dumping him was a good thing. 

Don't you remember the CBA agreement? We want players to make a lot of 🤑. We don't want JR to spend minimum wage when there are enough profits to pay those guys tens of millions. (I agree, those salary numbers are crazy). 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Why pay Madrigal the league minimum to rehab over and over again? We both can think of a couple reasons. 

Two issues here. Nicky turned out to be injury prone and not someone you could build around. Dumping him was a good thing. 

Don't you remember the CBA agreement? We want players to make a lot of 🤑. We don't want JR to spend minimum wage when there are enough profits to pay those guys tens of millions. (I agree, those salary numbers are crazy). 

Injury prone seems to be the latest buzzword here at Soxtalk this week. Lou Gehrig was after his ALS diagnosis.

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Injury prone seems to be the latest buzzword here at Soxtalk this week. Lou Gehrig was after his ALS diagnosis.

Call it what it whatever, the guy has not managed to play even half a season. I don't think that's a buzz word. 

8 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Call it what it whatever, the guy has not managed to play even half a season. I don't think that's a buzz word. 

Sounds like "elite" "120 game a year" catcher Yasmani Grandal, less $68M in payroll.

Outperformed White Sox Cesar Hernandez without playing a game, Madrigal has a good chance at finishing with a better WAR than Harrison (and lightyears ahead of Leury) before season end, with over $10M in savings.

He's not the savior by any means, but he wasn't my 3rd overall pick, he wasn't given away by me for absolute garbage which will linger for three years with the Kimbrel extension and trade for Polock, and he is better than any of Hahn's garbage acquisitions the past three seasons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Sounds like "elite" "120 game a year" catcher Yasmani Grandal, less $68M in payroll.

Outperformed White Sox Cesar Hernandez without playing a game, Madrigal has a good chance at finishing with a better WAR than Harrison (and lightyears ahead of Leury) before season end, with over $10M in savings.

He's not the savior by any means, but he wasn't my 3rd overall pick, he wasn't given away by me for absolute garbage which will linger for three years with the Kimbrel extension and trade for Polock, and he is better than any of Hahn's garbage acquisitions the past three seasons.

So as a GM you would keep a guy on the roster who plays half a season at best because you also signed a bad deal at catcher? I would cut my losses and move on and find a reliable second baseman.