Heads Up: Site is all upgraded and we are back

Chisoxfn

All - with the season heading down the tubes I am taking a last ditch extremely superstitious effort to get the club on track and will be working through some upgrades to the forum software sometime next week.

Intent is for it to be a one day outage but given size of this board always a risk it drags a bit longer. If it does I’ll get a back up forum up in the meantime but want to make sure I get everything upgraded given some of the slowness issues people were running into on their mobile device etc. 

Wanted to give you all a quick heads up - I’ll post a more updated timeline as I get closer to it. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Fire 1
  • Hawk 1
  • TLR 2

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

All - with the season heading down the tubes I am taking a last ditch extremely superstitious effort to get the club on track and will be working through some upgrades to the forum software sometime next week.

Intent is for it to be a one day outage but given size of this board always a risk it drags a bit longer. If it does I’ll get a back up forum up in the meantime but want to make sure I get everything upgraded given some of the slowness issues people were running into on their mobile device etc. 

Wanted to give you all a quick heads up - I’ll post a more updated timeline as I get closer to it. 

Has this move been approved by TLR?

Thanks for the heads up and please take your time. There is no rush to get back to Sox talk discussions! The Sox performance this season through the FO, managing, coaching and player's performance on the field is starting to make it less desirable IMO, to waste our valuable time discussing the horrible underachieving results this club gave their loyal paying fans.

• Fire 1

here is a general thank you to the staff and mods and all the posters that make Sox Talk what it is -- as not just a premier Sox forum but one of the premier forums anywhere online.

we've all been through a lot as sox fans but it's nice to know whatever happens with the team we can always come here to celebrate or share our grief and anger.

• Like 3
  • Hawk 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

here is a general thank you to the staff and mods and all the posters that make Sox Talk what it is -- as not just a premier Sox forum but one of the premier forums anywhere online.

we've all been through a lot as sox fans but it's nice to know whatever happens with the team we can always come here to celebrate or share our grief and anger.

Shit, did I miss a celebration?  Miss a little...miss alot.  I'll be back in the gamethread tonight....damn off day....maybe tomorrow....crap Soxtalk will be down.  I guess I'll just watch the game??  Sounds kinda depressing.

Edited by wegner

46 minutes ago, wegner said:

Shit, did I miss a celebration?  Miss a little...miss alot.  I'll be back in the gamethread tonight....damn off day....maybe tomorrow....crap Soxtalk will be down.  I guess I'll just watch the game??  Sounds kinda depressing.

We'll pop some corks when TLR is fired hopefully. I was horribly wrong on his influence on the club. Not ready to say that Renteria (or Hinch) was a better option but in hindsight going with TLR was a horrific move.

28 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We'll pop some corks when TLR is fired hopefully. I was horribly wrong on his influence on the club. Not ready to say that Renteria (or Hinch) was a better option but in hindsight going with TLR was a horrific move.

Seemed like a more harmless move at the time than it ended up being.  I mean, how bad can he screw this up?  I was in favor of him being fired the 1st time and this tenure has been much worse.

3 hours ago, wegner said:

Sounds boring.

• Like 1

I will point out - you should still expect a 15-30 minute outage at some point today. Hopefully that is all it is. The larger outage will take place on Saturday - my expectation is it will be about half the day and likely start around 7-8AM PST.  

• Thanks 1

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Heads Up: Site is all upgraded and we are back
  • Chisoxfn unpinned this topic