Heads Up: Site is all upgraded and we are back

Chisoxfn

16 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I will point out - you should still expect a 15-30 minute outage at some point today. Hopefully that is all it is. The larger outage will take place on Saturday - my expectation is it will be about half the day and likely start around 7-8AM PST.  

Thank you.

I wish all IT personnel would communicate like this.

• Like 1

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Heads Up: Site will be undergoing Maintenance Saturday; No New Topics To Be Started Until EOD Saturday
9 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

One other note - we will have to keep a rolling game thread until EOD Saturday. No new topics will be able to be started until we do the bigger refresh.  But replies to existing topics are no issue at all.  

Isn't this like middle school basketball when one team is so far behind they go with a running clock? 

11 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

One other note - we will have to keep a rolling game thread until EOD Saturday. No new topics will be able to be started until we do the bigger refresh.  But replies to existing topics are no issue at all.  

The history books will review the game thread that lasted for a week and no scholar will be able to explain this gap

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Heads Up: Site will be undergoing Maintenance Saturday;
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to Heads Up: Site is all upgraded and we are back

Upgrade is all done. Site might run a bit slow over next day while you build up your cache and while a few jobs continue to run in the background. 

With that said - please let us know if you notice anything odd or are running into any issues. 

Now let’s kick some ass and have a great September and find a way for some real October baseball to happen on Soxtalk and the Southside! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, DirtySox said:

Holy moly.

Was this intended to fix the mobile issues that some of us mentioned? It seems smooth like butter now. It isn't indefinitely loading anymore.

Yes - that was part of the intention, to fix those issues. So I am glad you are back in business!!! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Upgrade is all done. Site might run a bit slow over next day while you build up your cache and while a few jobs continue to run in the background. 

With that said - please let us know if you notice anything odd or are running into any issues. 

Now let’s kick some ass and have a great September and find a way for some real October baseball to happen on Soxtalk and the Southside! 

Running great. Looks better. I'd set the default theme to the sox Grey rather than the default blue theme

• Hawk 1