Heads Up: Site is all upgraded and we are back

Chisoxfn

As you can see from my post total, I mostly lurk, but I spend a ton of time on this site. Site looks amazing and already runs waaaaay better in mobile. Thanks for continuing to run and support the best Sox site on the internet. 🍻

Edited by hawksfan61
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Looks great!  How do I get these different themes?  Mine only shows the light/default available…

I haven’t added them. The dark one I have isn’t that nice so we need to do some work first. Than we will basically have the standard lite theme - which is more default and one dark theme for those that have that preference. 

I forgot I have a bunch as an admin from when we played around with various versions before honing in on the version used on the forums. 

If people ever see anything on another invision forum they like though - screenshot it here and we can see what we can do. No promises but we try. 

• Thanks 1

One other ask to come though - in future versions of invision logins will default to email addresses (vs username) so I will put a seperate message on that in a few weeks for people to make sure they have that info so no one gets inadvertently locked out in future. 

That change is being done as a security measure. 

Ron's quest for more likes and emojis is definitely going to be curtailed.

I like that all the comments (particular icon choices are categorized).

But that whole popularity contest aspect isn't as prominent.  Not sure how Fathom and Southsider2K5 will feel as they were dueling for top spot the last year or two.

If they did a statistic of likes/post, I would undoubtedly be Bottom 3-5.   At any rate, it looks much better.  Like SoxTalk is selling a new range of Lexus e-vehicles or something more new-agey.

Can there be a stat for highest number of posters reported to Moderating Team, lol?   And who has the most reports about their posts, haha.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Is there anyway to get rid of the side panel on the right on desktop mode?  

Are you talking about the right side that shows up on the front page (when on desktop or tablet) that shows like the twitter feed and Sox score?  Or do you see a side panel in desktop on all pages (like in the forums, etc)? Want to make sure - in case you are seeing something I don't.  

17 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Are you talking about the right side that shows up on the front page (when on desktop or tablet) that shows like the twitter feed and Sox score?  Or do you see a side panel in desktop on all pages (like in the forums, etc)? Want to make sure - in case you are seeing something I don't.  

No, within threads.  Its like a little scoreboard looking thing on the right side that shows replies, date thread created, last reply, top posters, popular days, and popular posts.  It takes up about 25% of the screen and reduces the thread size to about 75% of the screen.