8/26 Arizona @ Sox GT, 7:10

soxfan49

The White Sox have now scored three runs or less in six of their last nine games and in 64 of the 126 games played so far this season. That's 51%

This offense is simply horrendous, injuries be damned. 

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

White Sox Milestones:

• Tony La Russa still needs one win across the final 36 games to enter 2023 with a winning record as White Sox Manager (currently 678-642 .514).
  • AJ Pollock needs seven more plate appearances to vest another $1M in 2023, 57 for $2M, and 107 for $3M.
  • Eloy Jimenez needs to appear in six more games to finish with 56 games played, his second highest total with the White Sox.
  • Gavin Sheets is 17 games away from doubling the 54 games he played in 2021, but still remains 2 HRs behind his 11 hit in 2021.

White Sox enter tomorrow with 36 games remaining.

• Minnesota is now a game ahead of the White Sox, and also another due to the tie-breaker.
  • With a Cleveland win tonight, the White Sox will be 5 Games Back in the Division and Final Wild Card Spot.

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

White Sox Milestones:

• Tony La Russa still needs one win across the final 36 games to enter 2023 with a winning record as White Sox Manager (currently 678-642 .514).
  • AJ Pollock needs seven more plate appearances to vest another $1M in 2023, 57 for $2M, and 107 for $3M.
  • Eloy Jimenez needs to appear in six more games to finish with 56 games played, his second highest total with the White Sox.
  • Gavin Sheets is 17 games away from doubling the 54 games he played in 2021, but still remains 2 HRs behind his 11 hit in 2021.

White Sox enter tomorrow with 36 games remaining.

• Minnesota is now a game ahead of the White Sox, and also another due to the tie-breaker.
  • With a Cleveland win tonight, the White Sox will be 5 Games Back in the Division and Final Wild Card Spot.

After winning five straight and moving to within a game of first place they've lost seven of nine and in my opinion are toast.

Maybe they can finish with a winning record but that's a far cry from a "World Series contender."

If they finish with a losing record Hahn will have presided over eight losing seasons in 10 years. How anyone could justify rationally keeping him in his position is beyond me. 

Edited by Lip Man 1

Keep in mind while by all accounts TLR and most of this coaching staff should be fired, this organization actually extended Terry Bevington after the Sox collapsed in 1996 after a 40-21 start blowing a wild card position the final month. Bevington by all accounts was incompetent as a manager.

But the fans and the media wanted him gone...JR doesn't like being told what he should do.

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Keep in mind while by all accounts TLR and most of this coaching staff should be fired, this organization actually extended Terry Bevington after the Sox collapsed in 1996 after a 40-21 start blowing a wild card position the final month. Bevington by all accounts was incompetent as a manager.

But the fans and the media wanted him gone...JR doesn't like being told what he should do.

There’s no doubt in my mind that if Tony isn’t managing next year, we see a big payroll drop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tray said:

That Varsho catch on a hop was ridiculous.  That ball probably goes to the wall when a player tries to catch it on a short hop running toward it and diving.  That was  actually poor judgment by Varsho that worked out for him and kept a run from scoring.  Meanwhile, Romy's ball was a foot or two from going out. Abreu just needed a touch more oomph on the line drive to the gap. Sox seem cursed this season and I am saying that as someone who is kind of agnostic about such things.  Almost every damn close call or break seems to go against us. Engel missing a routine fly last night that cost a game? WTF? 

Yes. It's all just bad luck. White Sox are a contender who are just really unlucky. 

Lmao.....

• Like 4

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡😆🤡🤡🤡🤡😆🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡😆🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡😆🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡😆🤡🤡🤡🤡😆🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡😆🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡😆🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡😆🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡😆😆😆😆😆🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

• Like 2

Yea it’s pretty cool I think I could do that for sure but if you don’t have it I’ll send it out over here for sure and then let you guys have it a good time to go get back with you guys thanks bud bud love ya bye buddy bye love love ya bye buddy love ya bye love ya gotta love ya bye buddy love ya bye love ya gotta get me a call when you’re ready for a call I’ll let you know if you want me anything I love it bye buddy love ya buddy thanks bud love ya buddy bye.

( This episode of random bullshit was made possible by using nothing but suggested words from my iPhones keyboard at random. )

And here’s another…

This is the best friend for you ever love ya bye buddy bye love ya bye buddy thanks buddy love ya bye buddy.

All you can do is laugh...from Mark Gonzales' post game story:

"La Russa, however, all but ruled out Robert heading to the 10-day injured list.

“If he gets the weekend off and [with] the day off Monday and all of a sudden he’s ready Tuesday, he’s definitely worth it,” La Russa said."

Left fielder Eloy Jimenez left the game in the ninth, three innings after appearing to limp while running out an infield hit.

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Haha 1