8/26 Arizona @ Sox GT, 7:10

soxfan49

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Keep in mind while by all accounts TLR and most of this coaching staff should be fired, this organization actually extended Terry Bevington after the Sox collapsed in 1996 after a 40-21 start blowing a wild card position the final month. Bevington by all accounts was incompetent as a manager.

But the fans and the media wanted him gone...JR doesn't like being told what he should do.

show me one billionaire that doesn't think they're 100% right, all the damn time. they all surround themselves with high paid sycophants who's sole purpose is to tell them how smart they are. Reinsdorf is no different. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

All you can do is laugh...from Mark Gonzales' post game story:

"La Russa, however, all but ruled out Robert heading to the 10-day injured list.

“If he gets the weekend off and [with] the day off Monday and all of a sudden he’s ready Tuesday, he’s definitely worth it,” La Russa said."

Left fielder Eloy Jimenez left the game in the ninth, three innings after appearing to limp while running out an infield hit.

Yea this is some 🐴💩

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

show me one billionaire that doesn't think they're 100% right, all the damn time. they all surround themselves with high paid sycophants who's sole purpose is to tell them how smart they are. Reinsdorf is no different. 

I would bet you that Warren Buffet is up there specifically because he doesn’t do that. Lots of guys are up there because of one move and one lucky break, but he’s up there because of consistent performance over decades.

8 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Seeing Harrison survive an entire season looking so overmatched offensively gives me little hope that Hahn knows how to evaluate ML baseball talent.

Hahn watches different baseball games than the ones we do.

I'd like to know who is in the scouting department both at the Major and Minor league levels.

Whoever they are, they are really bad and need to be replaced.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JoshPR said:

Thank God I didn't watch or care. This team sucks

Sox have reached the point I don't care either, which is strange because as a fair weather fan if they somehow get hot and make the playoffs I still would care. It's just that series after series they just reek and though I feel sorry for the injured players it grows old following their maladies.

Edited by greg775

7 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I'd like to know who is in the scouting department both at the Major and Minor league levels.

Whoever they are, they are really bad and need to be replaced.

Nobody really wanted Josh, he was like the GM off-season participation trophy. No reason not to go with Romy or Lenyn who each have some upside.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I would bet you that Warren Buffet is up there specifically because he doesn’t do that. Lots of guys are up there because of one move and one lucky break, but he’s up there because of consistent performance over decades.

the same Buffett that pays only 0.4% of his earnings in taxes? dude is just as much of a greedy psychopath as the rest of them. there are a small few billionaires that actually pay their fair share (25-30% and up) but they're a very very very small percentage

Edited by joesaiditstrue
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1