Yoan to IL, Leury is back, Lynn to bereavement list, Martin up to start

CentralChamps21

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

Would be great if we never see him play for the Sox again. Both sides need a change.

Continue to not understand this take at all. Yoan was absolutely awful the season; He has no value. Giving away one of the few guys on this team that actually plays defense and bats from the left side is hard for me to get behind. He’s one guy you just have to hope a new training and coaching staff is able to solve next season

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Continue to not understand this take at all. Yoan was absolutely awful the season; He has no value. Giving away one of the few guys on this team that actually plays defense and bats from the left side is hard for me to get behind. He’s one guy you just have to hope a new training and coaching staff is able to solve next season

I’m not willing to take the risk that he rediscovers how to hit for 2 years, 40 million dollars.  Off the field is another place I’m not willing to take the risk that he grows up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

It's because he's such a handsome man. Sox fans have never gotten behind a good looking player. Remember the way Garland was treated?

• Hawk 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m not willing to take the risk that he rediscovers how to hit for 2 years, 40 million dollars.  Off the field is another place I’m not willing to take the risk that he grows up.

I get that. But you’re giving Yoan away for nothing. You’re also committing to make 2 of the biggest problems is team has even worse. I get why some people hate Yoan; he’s frustrating as hell. But you just gotta hope he snaps out of it. Moving him at rock bottom just doesn’t make sense. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Hell yes and one for Eloy. How many times are these two fragile players, who lack flexibility, going to continue to pull their hamstrings

Newsflash. This is the entire fucking team. When every guy in the organization has some kind of soft tissue injury, it ain't the players.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

He's one good coach away...  I really believe that

31 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Newsflash. This is the entire fucking team. When every guy in the organization has some kind of soft tissue injury, it ain't the players.

Agreed its an entire team problem. Hence why the entire FO and on field manger and coaches need to be fired. Whoever comes in as the new strength and conditioning person not only needs to implement a better stretching program, but they need to be on the field daily making sure their specific proper flexibility routines are being followed diligently without exception or in any half ass manner. Most importantly they need a manager and coaching staff to be more involved to support that proper flexibility program and make sure it is being done properly by every single player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fathom said:

$41-42 million is not nothing.

We already have three dead contracts for next year, without considering Pollock, Lynn and Giolito.

Hendriks is close to becoming a bad one as well.

Where do you get ANYTHING resembling value back?  Vaughn or Jimenez?  Graveman?

Let’s see if we can get even older while the Guardians are the youngest team in the game with a Top 5 farm system and truly unprecedented financial flexibility.

They have only Rosario possibly becoming a FA after next season.  That’s it!

Would take Scott Frost as Sox manager today without hesitating.  Mike Veeck as GM, lol.

Edited by caulfield12

I think we can also agree that Moncada is injury prone, two or three times just this year on the IL. I hope he does something productive in the off season to help slow this trend down other than make music videos where he sings and dances. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

That’s a fine take if you don’t consider his salary. We have already seen the White Sox hit the invisible ceiling that prevented talent from this roster. This player is a major albatross now. If someone offered pennies on the dollar, take it. Its easy to find a hired glove at third base.

Edited by Chick Mercedes