Sell the Team

bmags

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They will want a new park. The last 3 years of the lease, the state doesn’t have to upgrade. We will start hearing about this in the next couple of years. I’m sure the Sox were/are counting on being really good when they have to start holding their hats out for subsidies. It is going to be interesting watching it play out. No way they get a state of the art new stadium built totally on the taxpayer dime.  

I agree with you that they will want a new park. If thats the case, I wonder where it will be built?

2 hours ago, tray said:

" It’s the sure and certain knowledge that not only does the team not care about us like we care about the team  if you think differently, you are a dew-eyed romantic...We see the team as a way to transform our hopes, our emotional investment, our literal financial investment,"

Your perceived financial investment consists of a couple of Polish and a dozen beers or so a year.  Transform your hopes?  Please. life is so much more than watching a few baseball games each year.   If you are indeed older, you would understand that.

"Ah, but they know how we conceive the team. It’s where we’ve made friends, where we’ve gone with our families more times than we can count, where on occasion we stand as one with a rising yell in our throats as a ball traces an arc in the night sky, ready to high-five strangers and jump like lunatics. It’s fun. It’s what we care about. It’s part of who we are."

Oh come on.

"So I don’t know where this anger is going to go. It’s very possible that it starts another cycle of lower attendance, Jerry using that to slash payroll, and so on, on and on, our endless Kali yuga, hoping to stumble into something lucky, waiting for it to all end. "

OK, you are angry so just say you will no longer attend because the WSox are "slashing payroll" like extending Luis Robert, Eloy Jiminez, signing FA Liam Hendriks , Grandal, and more recently Bennintendi for 75 Million dollars and assembling one of the best rotations and bullpens in the league. Like maintaining the financial strength of the franchise to make sure that they stay on the South side for the next generations of Sox fans. It's not all about you. Grow the F up and quit whining. 

So Jerry...when are you going to spend that money that was hoarded during the lean rebuild years? We were promised.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They will want a new park. The last 3 years of the lease, the state doesn’t have to upgrade. We will start hearing about this in the next couple of years. I’m sure the Sox were/are counting on being really good when they have to start holding their hats out for subsidies. It is going to be interesting watching it play out. No way they get a state of the art new stadium built totally on the taxpayer dime.  

True that, but they have increased the parcel of land for paarking/tailgating that I believe the Reinsdorf group and/or ISA owns. That would provide the Reinsdorf family  or their successors  with a big head start financially and logistically (streets , Chicago water/sewer, Police/Fire, etc)  for a new stadium on the site of the Old Comiskey doing a better job next with the aesthetics and architecture.

Fans of every team will endlessly and often mindlessly call for the Owners to spend more on player Contracts until they obtain a lopsided advantage in talent.  It means nothing.

2 hours ago, tray said:

You said you went to one or two games a year. That isn't season tickets. Get your story straight.

If you want to make a point why wait? Are you with us or against us (the 2023 White Sox) ?  Or is this just more idle posturing by another internet keyboard warrior like O'Neill.?

Who or what is an "O'Neill."?

My posts are easily searchable, including season tickets. Your post cannot be further from the truth.

• Former Full and Partial Sox season ticket holder (2 seats).
  • Several seasons without ST attending 1-3 dozen games, including their tanking years.
  • Doesn't include the games I worked at the ballpark in high school (Andy Frain).
  • I was excited during 2019 (went to many games) and that I would have free time starting in 2020 to attend 40-60 home games plus a couple White Sox road trips per season (the year I also joined this board). I only passed on 2020 ST this season because of my planned 6 week trip to Hawaii, New Zealand and Australia in September/October. Still enjoyed 2020 ST in Arizona, and would have enjoyed attending and or listening to 162 games (or perhaps a few dozen left) if Reinsdorf and the other owners didn't destroy yet another baseball season with their 102 game lockout.

Tony's hiring put an end to any interest giving Jerry a penny while Tony was here, and coupled with Jerry's further actions the past two seasons have resulted in a permanent disinterest until a new non-Reinsdorf ownership group if formed.

https://www.soxtalk.com/forums/search/?&q="season tickets"&author=South Side Hit Men&search_and_or=or

• Love 1

6 hours ago, tray said:

and assembling one of the best rotations and bullpens in the league.

Tray, I pray (rhyme intended) you are right about Sox pitching being good. I happen to think it blows. If it is good, yay! Sox will be a contender if they have the pitching you suggest they do. Hope u are right.

I hate tweets like this. Just tell the fans who it is. Stop click baiting everyone into a speculative purgatory. 

The Angels are 1 of 2 teams. Not sure on the other team? 
The stadium deal will be TB. Sounds like they love the most recent proposal: 

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/tampa-bay-rays-new-ballpark-st-petersburg-hines/?zephr_sso_ott=unZvjp

We can only wish an organization as archaic and outdated as the White Sox can hand the keys over to a new ownership group who genuinely cares about winning and the fan base. It’s safe to say we are all tired of the triumvirate of dogcrap known as: Jerry/Kenny/Rick. 

• Like 2

On 12/30/2022 at 7:47 PM, tray said:

You said you went to one or two games a year. That isn't season tickets. Get your story straight.

If you want to make a point why wait? Are you with us or against us (the 2023 White Sox) ?  Or is this just more idle posturing by another internet keyboard warrior like O'Neill.?

Good god, man, get a grip. What are you now, the forum milk monitor?

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Compared to the Bears, they are a first class organization. JR wouldn’t f*** up the Arlington Park option. Watch what the McCaskeys do.

Someone has to note the Blackhawks ownership covering up a sexual assault issue in this discussion. That’s a whole different level of stuff.

• Like 3