8.28 Snakes @ Sox Fire Everyone Gamethread - 1:10PM CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

What needs to happen is the diehard fans that still spend foolish money, or as they say, throw good money after bad needs to bring signs to the game, they should “ FIRE TONY AND SELL THE TEAM.” If enough signs are around the park and close to the cameras will see them, plus MLB Network, ESPN will show it in the highlights of every game. Outside of of a total boycott this is the way to go. I’m boycotting and not returning to the park as long as the management team from top to bottom is gone. 
Loud Booing after a loss near the dugout helps. Sitting on your hands and not applauding helps. Wearing the old fashion Paper bags like they in the NFL IS A GOOD FORM OF Protest. I’m old enough to remember “ the AINTS” when The New Orlean’s Saints we’re horrible etc.  

A rebellion by the fans is necessary    The best example if you’re old enough to remember is the Blackhawks  attendance went to announced crowds of 7,000, if actually 5,000 were in the building would have a lot  they count season ticket holders even if they stayed home  Bob Pulford was the GM every year, finally Rocky Wirtz had enough, fired everyone, brought in Scotty Bowman, John Mcdoona and the rest is history  3 Stanley CUPS IN 6 years  yes they suck again but they will rebuild again  

Edited by AJ'S Cousin

8 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

What needs to happen is the diehard fans that still spend foolish money, or as they say, throw good money after bad needs to bring signs to the game, they should “ FIRE TONY AND SELL THE TEAM.” If enough signs are around the park and close to the cameras will see them, plus MLB Network, ESPN will show it in the highlights of every game. Outside of of a total boycott this is the way to go. I’m boycotting and not returning to the park as long as the management team from top to bottom is gone. 
Loud Booing after a loss near the dugout helps. Sitting on your hands and not applauding helps. Wearing the old fashion Paper bags like they in the NFL IS A GOOD FORM OF Protest. I’m old enough to remember “ the AINTS” when The New Orlean’s Saints we’re horrible etc.  

A rebellion by the fans is necessary    The best example if you’re old enough to remember is the Blackhawks  attendance went to announced crowds of 7,000, if actually 5,000 were in the building would have a lot  they count season ticket holders even if they stayed home  Bob Pulford was the GM every year, finally Rocky Wirtz had enough, fired everyone, brought in Scotty Bowman, John Mcdoona and the rest is history  3 Stanley CUPS IN 6 years  yes they suck again but they will rebuild again  

Amen.

14 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Please no Chicago NHL Team comparisons, would rather watch every game three times in an 0-162 season than support that organ-I-zation.

16 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

20,000 in the stands for crucial games should be a hint.  Just my .02 but if McDonough had anything to do with the Hawks winning anything it was a coincidence.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

39 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

I like the idea however I can tell you cameras would be instructed by the Sox TV director or producer NOT to focus on the signs, they'd be ignored if at all possible and that's assuming they aren't confiscated by security like the sign was Saturday night.  

3 hours ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

They won’t do a rebuild but falling below 500 for year and missing the playoffs should all but seal the fate of TLR at a minimum. So yes it’s for the greater good of the ball club. 

if they were to some how get into the playoffs I see a path to where very little moves are made and everyone comes back next season. It’s very obvious major changes have to happen or this is absolute failure 

Maybe it was sealed anyway or maybe it wasn't . You have hope the guys who got the Sox into the mess will get them out of it. That hope has the same chance as hoping the Sox make the playoffs.

All I keep hearing from half of you that Menechino will be the fall guy but I hope your hope is rewarded.

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

In the Blackhawks' case it was more a matter of Bill Wirtz dying.

Old Man Wirtz died, and the people who had stayed away started to return

Agree 100% if Dollar Bill doesn’t die, which he eventually would have within the next 5 years, the rebuild would have been delayed and remember this, if he dies 5, 6 ,7 years later we’d of missed out on Kane, Toews, Kieth, and who knows who else wouldn’t have drafted 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Maybe it was sealed anyway or maybe it wasn't . You have hope the guys who got the Sox into the mess will get them out of it. That hope has the same chance as hoping the Sox make the playoffs.

All I keep hearing from half of you that Menechino will be the fall guy but I hope your hope is rewarded.

I don’t know, JR IS CHEAP, I BELIEVE TLR signed a 3 year deal and being the cheap SOB that he is, he’d rather have TLR play it out then double pay for another manager. Fan revolt is what we need. Boycotting, talk show complaints on ESPN RADIO, we need to get the message out there. Call the Sox, leave JR and Hahn a voicemail. Fans need to be heard, got to hurt them in the wallet. 

2 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

I don’t know, JR IS CHEAP, I BELIEVE TLR signed a 3 year deal and being the cheap SOB that he is, he’d rather have TLR play it out then double pay for another manager. Fan revolt is what we need. Boycotting, talk show complaints on ESPN RADIO, we need to get the message out there. Call the Sox, leave JR and Hahn a voicemail. Fans need to be heard, got to hurt them in the wallet. 

Miguel Cairo will work for cheap because as far as I can see he's collected a paycheck this whole season for doing nothing.

19 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Me

When you pinch hit the object usually is to bat a better hitter than the one scheduled . Anything else is hogwash. Seby's OBP his last 11 games was .474. TLR doesn't even know who's hot on his own team. Sheets and Jimenez were basically the only 2 better hitters than Seby in the last 2 weeks.

That's sad to say but true.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I like the idea however I can tell you cameras would be instructed by the Sox TV director or producer NOT to focus on the signs, they'd be ignored if at all possible and that's assuming they aren't confiscated by security like the sign was Saturday night.  

I don’t go or would go to a ballgame to look at the signs. I want to see the players play baseball 

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Maybe the opposing team's cameras would pick it up and it could circulate that way, but highly unlikely the Sox feed would ever intentionally show it.