Sox get swept by Dbacks

southsider2k5

What needs to happen is the diehard fans that still spend foolish money, or as they say, throw good money after bad needs to bring signs to the game, they should “ FIRE TONY AND SELL THE TEAM.” If enough signs are around the park and close to the cameras will see them, plus MLB Network, ESPN will show it in the highlights of every game. Outside of of a total boycott this is the way to go. I’m boycotting and not returning to the park as long as the management team from top to bottom is gone. 
Loud Booing after a loss near the dugout helps. Sitting on your hands and not applauding helps. Wearing the old fashion Paper bags like they in the NFL IS A GOOD FORM OF Protest. I’m old enough to remember “ the AINTS” when The New Orlean’s Saints we’re horrible etc.  

A rebellion by the fans is necessary    The best example if you’re old enough to remember is the Blackhawks  attendance went to announced crowds of 7,000, if actually 5,000 were in the building would have a lot  they count season ticket holders even if they stayed home  Bob Pulford was the GM every year, finally Rocky Wirtz had enough, fired everyone, brought in Scotty Bowman, John Mcdoona and the rest is history  3 Stanley CUPS IN 6 years  yes they suck again but they will rebuild again  

• TLR 1

38 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I just hope that the FO doesn't chalk up this season to bad luck with injuries and bring back a lot of the stiffs including the biggest stiff of them all, TLR.

thats exactly what will happen. The FO and Jerry strongly believe that white sox fans are stupid idiots so this is the line that we will be fed. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I just hope that the FO doesn't chalk up this season to bad luck with injuries and bring back a lot of the stiffs including the biggest stiff of them all, TLR.

This is where the media needs to talk about how being injury prone as a collective group for 2 years in a row is something that's systematic.

• Like 1

Good, I’m glad they got swept. Change is needed to compete with the rest oF the league. It only happens if Shane Riordan’s prophecy comes true, TLR moves up after the season OR they actually solve the holes in their roster. I disagree with starting another rebuild as some have suggested and instead think they need to retool.

28 minutes ago, JoeC said:

This is where the media needs to talk about how being injury prone as a collective group for 2 years in a row is something that's systematic.

it's been longer than two years...remember how decimated they were at times in 2020? Guys like Ross Detweiler were pitching if I remember right. May have got that wrong but they were beat up that season and even before it as far back as 2016 but folks didn't notice it because the team was bad anyway. Here's one example:

August 2, 2016 - When White Sox outfielder Charlie Tilson was helped off the field in Detroit he became, incredibly, the fourth player making their Major League debut for the club to be injured and not be able to finish the game that season.

Catcher Kevan Smith injured his back in pregame warm up’s and was placed on the disabled list, outfielder Jason Coats suffered a cut lip and a mild concussion after a collision, infielder Matt Davidson broke a bone in his foot running the bases and was placed on the disabled list and Tilson tore his left hamstring, he also went on the DL.

38 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

There's a lottery for the top six picks.

Then they'll start thinking future bullpen help or possible DH.  A really wasted pick would be on a catcher since they can't develop them.

Edited by kitekrazy

3 hours ago, White Sox Park said:

I've gone from anger to apathy, wandered around a bit, and ended up lost in a deep sadness . you would think all of the years of bad White Sox teams, would make you immune to this, but it doesn't.

You're a good fan . No need for deep sadness . Every season but 2005 in the last 100+ years ends in sadness. There may be happier moments along the way but ultimately unless you win it all that's what you have to look forward to every year.

Be happy with other things in your life. Keep sadness and stress at a minimum. You'll live longer .

27 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

there were never much of a chance but

season ended in Baltimore.

Yup. That game Thursday night was the last straw of my optimism. Only watched 1 game this weekend. Not sure I’ve missed 2/3 games in a long while. I’ll still tune in most nights cuz Sox baseball is just a part of me, but 2022 is dead. What a fuckin shame of a season. 

4 hours ago, Bossanoveralls said:

I am very much looking forward to watching Justin Fields this season.

I know they weren't facing all 1st teamers, but it really was swell seeing that kind of Bears football for a change.

Nice D as well.

Bear Down!

Watching these Bears play fundamentally sound defense and an offensive coordinator playing to his younger QB’s strengths in the preseason has been refreshing. Hell, I just thought getting the damn play called with more than 10 secs would have been enuff! 😂

26 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yup. That game Thursday night was the last straw of my optimism. Only watched 1 game this weekend. Not sure I’ve missed 2/3 games in a long while. I’ll still tune in most nights cuz Sox baseball is just a part of me, but 2022 is dead. What a fuckin shame of a season. 

It is truly sickening when I think about how much I was looking forward to this season.  I missed both games this weekend because Thursday and what I saw of Friday sucked.  I will be back though until game 162 whenever I get a chance to watch.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

It is truly sickening when I think about how much I was looking forward to this season.  I missed both games this weekend because Thursday and what I saw of Friday sucked.  I will be back though until game 162 whenever I get a chance to watch.

You really wonder if in his heart of hearts Hahn regrets the comments he made saying that Sox fans want the rebuild to fail so they can say "I told you so." And then saying "talk to me after the parade.

Pride goes before the fall the old saying says. This organization as I've tried to point out is awash in arrogance especially towards the fan base.

Which makes no sense to me since in 41 seasons they haven't been that successful and you never insult the paying customers.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

You really wonder if in his heart of hearts Hahn regrets the comments he made saying that Sox fans want the rebuild to fail so they can say "I told you so." And then saying "talk to me after the parade.

Pride goes before the fall the old saying says. This organization as I've tried to point out is awash in arrogance especially towards the fan base.

Which makes no sense to me since in 41 seasons they haven't been that successful and you never insult the paying customers.

Wow, I never heard that he said that. 

I came to the conclusion that this team was no better than a .500 ballclub pretty early in this season but I would have been very happy for a large helping of crow but I do not think it is coming.  

What a damn waste of Cease and Cueto's seasons.