Sox get swept by Dbacks

southsider2k5

9 minutes ago, wegner said:

Wow, I never heard that he said that. 

I came to the conclusion that this team was no better than a .500 ballclub pretty early in this season but I would have been very happy for a large helping of crow but I do not think it is coming.  

What a damn waste of Cease and Cueto's seasons. 

Hahn said it over the winter in 2019. Here's the link to the story and the video. Three years into the window of contention and they'll be lucky to have a winning season. Not exactly World Series contender is it? Not even in the same league as the Astros/Cubs rebuilds:

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-white-sox/rick-hahn-says-white-sox-fans-are-too-negative/

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Thanks 1

They beat our second and third string players for the mist part. If we were at full strength, they would not have swept us. . You cannot replace TA and  Elvis , Moncada with Leury, or Pantera with Engel  and expect to win. You cannot start minor league pitchers and expect to win in August. The Sox are playing at half strength.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, tray said:

They beat our second and third string players for the mist part. If we were at full strength, they would not have swept us. . You cannot replace TA and  Elvis , Moncada with Leury, or Pantera with Engel  and expect to win. You cannot start minor league pitchers and expect to win in August. The Sox are playing at half strength.

So what would you like the Sox to look like in 2023? What improvements need to be made, who's in the dugout, who's the GM?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tray said:

Valid point. And why is it that we had to replace those players with Elvis, Leury and Adam?  Because Hahn didn't do ANYTHING to improve this team since the 2020 off-season. Last year's trade deadline weakened the team. Nothing was done in the off-season to improve (I know we signed Ceuto, but that only came as an emergency move when Lynn got hurt. VV was Hahn's choice and he gave him a ML contract.) This trade deadline was nothing because Hahn gave away any valid trade pieces the last 2 years and our minor league system was at the bottom of baseball. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tray said:

All teams have injuries. I posted a story a few days ago about WAR injury impact. The Dodgers and (if I remember right) the Rays lead all of baseball in WAR lost due to injuries.

Both those teams are still going to make the post season. Hell the Dodgers may wind up winning 110 games.

Bottom line the White Sox have every opportunity to have a good minor league system, to sign high quality free agents to provide depth (instead of stiffs, has-been's and retreads) instead they take a half ass money driven approach.

There's a saying in the Bible...you reap what you sow (and that includes in my opinion an incompetent medical, conditioning and training staff)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tray said:

Yes but it was Arizona not the Yankees or Houston and the Sox were at home, and even your statement that at full strength they wouldn't have swept us whilst true it would probably have been a split series. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tray said:

The Sox are playing at half strength because they're inept at keeping their staff focused and healthy for a full season. What, did you think it was just a coincidence that all of the sudden a large portion of our starting lineup started getting hurt multiple times over the course of this (not even concluded) season?  The trainers aren't respected by the players, so they're just half-assing their between game preparation. 

This isnt a serious baseball team, but guys like Hahn and TLR have convinced people like you that they are. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hawk 1

5 hours ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

Valid point. And why is it that we had to replace those players with Elvis, Leury and Adam?  Because Hahn didn't do ANYTHING to improve this team since the 2020 off-season. Last year's trade deadline weakened the team. Nothing was done in the off-season to improve (I know we signed Ceuto, but that only came as an emergency move when Lynn got hurt. VV was Hahn's choice and he gave him a ML contract.) This trade deadline was nothing because Hahn gave away any valid trade pieces the last 2 years and our minor league system was at the bottom of baseball. 

So is the bullpen now too.

7 hours ago, Tony said:

So what would you like the Sox to look like in 2023? What improvements need to be made, who's in the dugout, who's the GM?

I know this wasn't directed at me. 

To get me back interested I'd like to see legit players on the going up side of their MLB careers at 2nd and RF. That shows me a little give a shit. 

I'd like a new manager with some experience without ties to the organization.

I'd like a new hitting coach. 

I'm in the minority but I'll accept the front office staying the same. There are some positions that also need help like catcher. But many of the other spots are likely to improve with healing. 

14 minutes ago, Texsox said:

To get me back interested I'd like to see legit players on the going up side of their MLB careers at 2nd and RF. That shows me a little give a shit. 

I'm in the minority but I'll accept the front office staying the same. There are some positions that also need help like catcher. But many of the other spots are likely to improve with healing. 

The "give a shit" improvement you mention would be most helpful IMO.  We have been out-hustled in virtually every game.

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

But the FO , not the managerial staff,, selected our present hitting coach, 2B and RF.  Leaving them in place to start this season is part of the reason for our problems more than TLR. 

4 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

The Sox are playing at half strength because they're inept at keeping their staff focused and healthy for a full season. What, did you think it was just a coincidence that all of the sudden a large portion of our starting lineup started getting hurt multiple times over the course of this (not even concluded) season?  The trainers aren't respected by the players, so they're just half-assing their between game preparation. 

This isnt a serious baseball team, but guys like Hahn and TLR have convinced people like you that they are. 

And the manager loves compounding already injured players by sending them out there until they break.  You don't get to endanger players and then use their inevitable injuries as an excuse. 

12 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

And the manager loves compounding already injured players by sending them out there until they break.  You don't get to endanger players and then use their inevitable injuries as an excuse. 

Too much trust in Northwestern/Kellogg, Michigan Ann Arbor, Harvard Law brand names, lol.

On 8/28/2022 at 5:04 PM, JoeC said:

I feel like we’ve all said something like this at one point or another this season.

That is because no adjustments are being made and TLR keeps doubling down on all his mistakes, and Hahn has done nothing to improve the team, and JRhas not fired TLR.  The more things change the more they remain the same.