TLR/Sox express "anger" after getting swept

caulfield12

La Russa Expresses Anger After White Sox Get Swept - On Tap Sports Net

“I don’t like frustration, discouragement. That’s loser crap,” said the White Sox manager in a very concise and at times terse postgame interview session. “Just seeps energy out of your body. I just get angry and want to do something about it.”

“Last 11, I don't know how many it's been, but I know within some of those, we've been right there,” White Sox second baseman Josh Harrison said.

“A bounce here or there, a pitch here or there. It's frustrating, because you want to win. We show up every day to win, and it hasn't gone our way. You've got to show up every day. We've had some chances to tie the game up, win the game, [and we’ve] fallen short.

“You've got to ride the wave. Ebbs and flows,” Harrison said. “But at the same time, you've got to acknowledge where you are and be realistic, and know that we had a chance to win some of these games. Fell short, but if that doesn't light a fire under somebody, they've got to look in the mirror. I don't think it's a thing where me or anybody else has got to light a fire under anybody.”

“Losing is always disappointing,” Cease said. “I think it would be an issue if there wasn’t some anger and some disappointment. We’ve got a lot of professionals in the clubhouse, and we’re not going to let our heads get down or stop fighting. That’s really the biggest thing.”

White Sox swept by D-backs at home (mlb.com)

• TLR 1

Yawn….maybe say these things in May….not with 2 days left in August. We’ve watched all year and it’s been the same crap, so now your “angry”. (Insert Joe Kelly pout face)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

Wonder if this interview was conducted this evening, after it took Tony over 24 hours to realize the Sox lost on Sunday and were swept this weekend.

24 minutes ago, MEANS said:

Yawn….maybe say these things in May….not with 2 days left in August. We’ve watched all year and it’s been the same crap, so now your “angry”. (Insert Joe Kelly pout face)

Joe Kelly 2022 White Sox Baseball Card

1920_SDS_PoutPoutFish.jpg

49 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Wonder if this interview was conducted this evening, after it took Tony over 24 hours to realize the Sox lost on Sunday and were swept this weekend.

Joe Kelly 2022 White Sox Baseball Card

1920_SDS_PoutPoutFish.jpg

Comments were made in the postgame after the loss Sunday.

I agree though making these comments in late August is closing the barn door after the horse has left the area.

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

“I don’t like frustration, discouragement. That’s loser crap,” said the White Sox manager in a very concise and at times terse postgame interview session. “Just seeps energy out of your body. I just get angry and want to do something about it.”

You’re loser crap, loser.

• Like 1

It's not like they played a three game series against the Dodgers and got swept after a few bad bounces and bad luck.  They got swept by the fucking DBacks because they played flat, lazy, terrible baseball.  They want to be angry, be angry, but they need to be angry at themselves and each other.  This team is cooked, and without wholesale changes (coaching staff), they're not going anywhere anytime soon.

• Like 1

Sox fans around in the 1970s remember this act well.

Mr. Fegan, don’t make me angry. You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry.

Narrator: “Tony La Russa is believed to be dead. And he must let the world think that he is dead, until he can find a way to control the raging spirit that dwells within him.”

12 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

He's angry?  Think of how the fan base feels.

Yeah no shit.

TLR is collecting a paycheck from this shit. Be angry all you want, but you're getting paid.

We're the ones paying to put up with this shit.