GT 8/30: KC @ 'SELL THE' SOX, 7:10, NBCSC

Baseball makes me so mad. More games vs KC. How could anybody in their right mind pay good money for all these games against Central teams? My gosh, it's boring and there's no purpose to playing these teams all these times.

Thank God it's changing finally next year. I tell u fans can be smarter than commissioners and owners. I've been complaining about this for years! Does anybody out there actually like playing divisional teams 19 frickin times? The only people who probably like it are families of players like the Masseys who can watch their kid play KC in Chicago a zillion times then make the short trip to KC where there are no fans at the games and they can spread out and watch their kid some more.

Sox vs KC. Let me say it ... who cares who wins tonight. They've played this act too many times already!!!

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Baseball makes me so mad. More games vs KC. How could anybody in their right mind pay good money for all these games against Central teams? My gosh, it's boring and there's no purpose to playing these teams all these times.

Thank God it's changing finally next year. I tell u fans can be smarter than commissioners and owners. I've been complaining about this for years! Does anybody out there actually like playing divisional teams 19 frickin times? The only people who probably like it are families of players like the Masseys who can watch their kid play KC in Chicago a zillion times then make the short trip to KC where there are no fans at the games and they can spread out and watch their kid some more.

Sox vs KC. Let me say it ... who cares who wins tonight. They've played this act too many times already!!!

RIP- the heavily unbalanced schedule 

2001-2022

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

RIP- the heavily unbalanced schedule 

2001-2022

Thank God! But thumbs down to baseball making me watch all these awful Central teams so many times the last many years. ... And guess what? I'm predicting we bomb vs KC again this week. Sox team looks dead of late.

Edited by greg775

Royals record against the White Sox: 9-7 (.563 winning)

Royals record against teams that aren’t the White Sox: 41-70. (.369 winning).

Royals currently have 6th worst record in baseball overall. Without the White Sox, they would have the second worst record.

Selling the team  increases the possibility that the franchise will be moved ... which is the wet dream of most cubs fans.  I want the team to stay right here in Chicago and for the Reinsdorf family and other current investors to remain at the helm. I do nit want an out of State ownership group like the Ricketts who inject money and politics and do not have a clue about  Chicago,  the suburbs, or the  culture and history of the South side.

• TLR 1

17 minutes ago, tray said:

Selling the team  increases the possibility that the franchise will be moved ... which is the wet dream of most cubs fans.  I want the team to stay right here in Chicago and for the Reinsdorf family and other current investors to remain at the helm. I do nit want an out of State ownership group like the Ricketts who inject money and politics and do not have a clue about  Chicago,  the suburbs, or the  culture and history of the South side.

Jerry Reinsdorf is from New York and grew up a Brooklyn Dodgers fan, which helps explain the Kimbrel for Pollock trade. 

Jerry planned on moving the team to Tampa, if taxpayers didn’t pay for the garbage stadium he demanded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Jerry Reinsdorf is from New York and grew up a Brooklyn Dodgers fan, which helps explain the Kimbrel for Pollock trade. 

Jerry planned on moving the team to Tampa, if taxpayers didn’t pay for the garbage stadium he demanded.

That was over 40 years ago, lol.  I am old enough to recall that  as well as all of the things that JR and his family and investors have done for WSox fans and for the community.  I'll taker the stability of the franchise and the Reinsdorfs over  a guy like joe Ricketts, any day.

• TLR 1

30 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

What "garbage stadium"?

Are you old enough to remember the old Comiskey park?  The place was falling apart and there was no money to rebuild it like the millions  i  profits from day traders that Roicketts used.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tray said:

That was over 40 years ago, lol.  I am old enough to recall that  as well as all of the things that JR and his family and investors have done for WSox fans and for the community.  I'll taker the stability of the franchise and the Reinsdorfs over  a guy like joe Ricketts, any day.

Jerry would threaten to move the team yet again  in a heartbeat if he could get a better deal elsewhere.

The Cubs spent hundreds of millions of dollars of their own money, not Chicago taxpayer money, to buy and build in the area around the park, and upgraded the stadium. They are vested here because they spent significant money to stay here (vs. move to Schaumburg).

Whoever ends up owning the controlling stake of the team will threaten to move the team again unless they are handed yet another taxpayer funded stadium. Believe that is why Mellody Hobson was brought in, to put a more sellable face and background to the scheme than yet another carpetbagging Reinsdorf.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, tray said:

What "garbage stadium"?

Are you old enough to remember the old Comiskey park?  The place was falling apart and there was no money to rebuild it like the millions  i  profits from day traders that Roicketts used.

The one built to face the Robert Taylor homes. The one filled with Reinsdorf's beloved Dodgers Blue Seats. The one they took significant taxpayer money to rebuild the upper deck and replace the Dodgers seats because it looked like and was complete and utter garbage.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Jerry would threaten to move the team in a heartbeat if he could get a better deal elsewhere.

The Cubs spent hundreds of millions of dollars of their own money, not Chicago taxpayer money, to buy and build in the area around the park, and upgraded the stadium. They are vested here because they spent significant money to stay here (vs. move to Schaumburg).

Whoever ends up owning the controlling stake of the team will threaten to move the team again unless they are handed yet another taxpayer funded stadium. Believe that is why Melody Hobson was brought in, to put a more sellable face and background to the scheme than yet another carpetbagging Reinsdorf.

The money is in TV contracts. Other than to maybe the suburbs, they aren't moving anywhere.

6 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Singer vs Giolito

Make plans now for your first ever MLB Draft Lottery watch party.

Lost here for me is that I totally forgot MLB was going the lottery route.   (Since I never expected we'd be in that territory anytime soon)

So maybe it's not a lost season after all if we're able to win the lottery.

Gives Hahn a chance to draft another dud with a high pick: another midget, another softball player, another catcher who can't make contact, or a bullpen arm. 

Fun .

• Like 1