GT 8/30: KC @ 'SELL THE' SOX, 7:10, NBCSC

First pitch swinging on a guy who has control issues. Zero gameplan.... Lol 

Stone and Jason are talking about this guy and all I'm thinking is...take a pitch or two, make him throw strikes. So obviously you want to swing on the first pitch. 

These hitters are getting zero strategy, zero insight, and zero help up at the plate.

Edited by Paulie4Pres

15 minutes ago, Tony said:

I haven't watched in a while now, but that seems very telling as a summation of the entire club. Andrew Vaughn is a good hitter. He's been a good hitter literally his entire baseball career, and that really hasn't changed now that he's in MLB. 

There doesn't seem to be any plan, any strategy, and certainly any urgency to put good AB's together, work up a pitch count, play the long game, etc. It's a bunch of individuals going up to the plate without a gameplan and hoping for the best. 

A big issue Vaughn has is once he gets two strikes, he expands his zone big time.  He also struggles to walk because he keeps swinging at pitcher’s pitches and rolling over.

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

A big issue Vaughn has is once he gets two strikes, he expands his zone big time.  He also struggles to walk because he keeps swinging at pitcher’s pitches and rolling over.

There are things to nitpick with Vaughn, but I can't get upset when I think he's being coached in the least efficient way possible and still has a 127 wRC+. If a new hitting coach comes in and emphasizes walks, pull power, etc I have little doubt he'll be able to do that, too.