GT 8/30: KC @ 'SELL THE' SOX, 7:10, NBCSC

1 minute ago, Big Hurtin said:

I get what you're saying, because of expectations.  Like, look at Baltimore.  They are exciting because of where they were and what they are doing.  I still don't think there's a chance of theme winning the WS this year.

What are some (if any) historical comparables to this White Sox team?  A lot of people had them near (at least) the top of the AL.

2021 Padres of recent vintage makes some sense as a comp. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Big Hurtin said:

I get what you're saying, because of expectations.  Like, look at Baltimore.  They are exciting because of where they were and what they are doing.  I still don't think there's a chance of theme winning the WS this year.

What are some (if any) historical comparables to this White Sox team?  A lot of people had them near (at least) the top of the AL.

2006?

3 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

7 runs and going to lose

Because we didn’t use any of our top three relievers in a close game, and we let it get away with second tier relievers.  And this was after an off day.  Cairo appears to be a TLR clone or is getting instructions from TLR over the phone.

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Because we didn’t use any of our top three relievers in a close game, and we let it get away with second tier relievers.  And this was after an off day.  Cairo appears to be a TLR clone or is getting instructions from TLR over the phone.

I didn’t hate the pen usage tonight. The boys just didn’t deliver. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tray said:

Selling the team  increases the possibility that the franchise will be moved ... which is the wet dream of most cubs fans.  I want the team to stay right here in Chicago and for the Reinsdorf family and other current investors to remain at the helm. I do nit want an out of State ownership group like the Ricketts who inject money and politics and do not have a clue about  Chicago,  the suburbs, or the  culture and history of the South side.

The Sox are not moving 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While Moncada and Grandal (players that actually mattered) have taken most of the fan abuse all season for their suckage, I can make an argument the Giolito has been the most disappointing player for this season.   The guy has been healthy and at the prime of his career and he just flat out SUCKS. 

• Like 1

Jose Abreu has...six home runs at home. SIX. Jake Burger has that many.... in 29 games.

You almost have to move on from Abreu, because the power numbers are just non-existent. I don't think he replicates his OBP or BA next season.

Edited by Paulie4Pres

14 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

2021 Padres of recent vintage makes some sense as a comp. 

Very recent, but lumping in with the Padres for historical, doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

14 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

2006?

That was a damn shame.  They really squandered a lot there.  Should have been an even bigger wake up call to what Reinsdorf and Co. valued.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

While Moncada and Grandal (players that actually mattered) have taken most of the fan abuse all season for their suckage, I can make an argument the Giolito has been the most disappointing player for this season.   The guy has been healthy and at the prime of his career and he just flat out SUCKS. 

I would add Eloy and his 53 games played to that list. His juice is not worth the squeeze.

12 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Healthy if you don't count getting Covid for the 2nd time. He was pitching well before that.

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

2006 was disappointing coming off the World Series, but that team won 90 games, just ran out of gas.

It would take 200 or more games played for the 2022 White Sox to reach the 90 win mark.

The 2006 team would have won this division by 15 games 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can't listen to the radio side because they are meh, and I can't watch these games as it's just awful baseball so I'm forced to visit the box score and just lurk like a loser in this space.  I feel so sorry for those kids that are Sox fans and remember my youth as a Sox fan thinking it's never over until it's over.  So to all you young guys keep believing!

• Like 1