GT 8/30: KC @ 'SELL THE' SOX, 7:10, NBCSC

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Cleveland still on pace for 87 wins and would have the tiebreaker with CHW so 88 wins would be minimum.

33 games left. To get to 88 wins they have to go 25-8 the rest of the way. That’s a .758 winning required.

Not sure why we're even entertaining this, at this point. They just dropped 4 straight at home to the Dbacks and Royals... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, fathom said:

I believe so and him and Sheets basically said they didn’t pay attention to it

Exactly. The TLR factor in full effect. Like a drunk vampire squid, he’s just there flopped on top, but doesn’t function. 

18 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Not sure why we're even entertaining this, at this point. They just dropped 4 straight at home to the Dbacks and Royals... 

Actually, I am just watching still to see which players end the season strong and I would still like to see the team eke over .500.

This team really does not have the depth to do any better but I do like what I see from Gavin and Eloy lately. Hoping they continue and so do a few more.

Edited by soxfaninfl

56 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

2006?

Oh my goodness no.  The 2006 team would win 9 out of 10 games against this team.

They won 90 games.  They had 4 players who hit 30+ home runs.  There were 7 players on that team that hit more HR than the current team leaders have this year. (Abreu/Sheets at 14.)

In the end, Buehrle and Contreras just ran out of gas after a lot of innings over 2 seasons, and the bullpen just wasn't as good as they were in 2005, especially Cotts and Politte.

It was disappointing that they ended up missing the playoffs back when there was only 1 wild card, but that team was a million more times fun to watch than this year's team.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Hawk 1

28 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Cleveland still on pace for 87 wins and would have the tiebreaker with CHW so 88 wins would be minimum.

33 games left. To get to 88 wins they have to go 25-8 the rest of the way. That’s a .758 winning required.

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I would add Eloy and his 53 games played to that list. His juice is not worth the squeeze.

Eloy hasn't sucked at all. He's only been hurt. He's far from the top reasons this team has sucked. When he is actually in the lineup he's been one of the few guys that looks good up there.

13 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Eloy hasn't sucked at all. He's only been hurt. He's far from the top reasons this team has sucked. When he is actually in the lineup he's been one of the few guys that looks good up there.

There was a very memorable long stretch of him stinking at the plate but yes he’s far far from the top other than being a side note on the injury line item.

5 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

When you miss 100 games a year, refuse to DH, you are not worth the squeeze.

People here quibble about Tim Anderson or Yoan Moncada being "injury prone" starting 80-90% of games across several seasons. The Sox would kill for Eloy to play 80% of White Sox games over a full season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

When you miss 100 games a year, refuse to DH, you are not worth the squeeze.

People here quibble about Tim Anderson or Yoan Moncada being "injury prone" starting 80-90% of games across several seasons. The Sox would kill for Eloy to play 80% of White Sox games over a full season.

When you’re 25 and have a 31 HR season and a Silver Slugger already on your baseball card, I would disagree that he’s not worth the squeeze.

I would love to see 80-90% of a season with Eloy. Let’s hope that happens.

God this team, this organization is just so...damn...bad.

To the person asking about any historical comparisons to the 2022 White Sox there are plenty just in their own history. Years when practically everyone from the national media to the local media to the fan base thought/expected the Sox to make the post season in some way, shape or form.

1968, 1973, 1984, 1995, 2009 immediately come to mind.

7 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

What subject(s) do you teach in Texas, Texsox?

Also, do you eat chili with meat in it?

English, Health, Senior Seminar (College Prep) and Golf. They call me coach and I interviewed with the Athletic Coordinators before the principals. 

Yep. Beef to chicken, venison to rattlesnake. 

6 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Boy they would be hot going into the postseason on that kind of run 😎

playoffs.jpg

8 hours ago, Dan Pasqua said:

I feel so sorry for those kids that are Sox fans and remember my youth as a Sox fan thinking it's never over until it's over.  So to all you young guys keep believing!

Yea well, my daughter sent me a text thanking me for making her a Sox fan . not sure how i feel about that.

8 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Well first of all the site is about to go offline so figured it was worth checking that.

But also this last 10 game stretch did make a difference. Before now it was playing .600 or .650 ball to make it. That was tough but shouldn’t have been insane for this roster. A .750 stretch being required - even great teams can’t maintain that pace for long. This week it went from plausible to implausible.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Well first of all the site is about to go offline so figured it was worth checking that.

But also this last 10 game stretch did make a difference. Before now it was playing .600 or .650 ball to make it. That was tough but shouldn’t have been insane for this roster. A .750 stretch being required - even great teams can’t maintain that pace for long. This week it went from plausible to implausible.

Valid points. Thanks for the post.

11 hours ago, fathom said:

This team does such a poor job of drawing walks

Yes and this has been an ongoing problem for years. They have poor plate discipline and are not patient enough, where they swing at way too many pitches outside the zone. Hence why they are 29th in walks with 319, as opposed to the Yankees #1 with 495 and Dodgers #2 with 484.