Sox: Lack of HR is Humidor's fault

reiks12

14 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

https://theathletic.com/3544718/2022/08/30/white-sox-lineup-home-runs/?source=emp_shared_article

Here come the excuses.

Other notables from the article:

-Pulling the ball is out of Vaughn's approach

-Hitters confused why their fly balls the opposite way are only getting to the warning track

-Sox are one of the worst teams in MLB at pulling the ball

That tells me they have a lineup that can't catch up to fastballs, which is bad. 

We wound up discussing this in three threads so the posts are scattered, but I see no evidence that supports this contention in the available public statistics. Rather, RF at the Rate is the most homer friendly area in MLB this season. This claim is the opposite of what the data shows. 

21 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

We wound up discussing this in three threads so the posts are scattered, but I see no evidence that supports this contention in the available public statistics. Rather, RF at the Rate is the most homer friendly area in MLB this season. This claim is the opposite of what the data shows. 

Yep, Fegan does a good job at stating how bullshit Menechino's claim is at blaming the baseball at GRF. Starts off with talking about current White Sox approach, how the league does at GRF, how bad the Sox are there, and how they never pull the ball in the air. A subtle chefs kiss fuck you to Menechino

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Quin said:

A good hitting coach would adjust 

More than that...I would bet you that some of the White Sox hitters actually believe this if they're spouting it...and that means they're adjusting to the wrong things

A good hitting coach wouldn't just adjust, they'd acquire correct data and help the hitters to understand that they're missing the real trend. Oh a couple balls got caught up in the wind earlier this season? Yeah but here's 8 examples of fly balls to RF that were helped by the conditions on dates x, y, and z for other teams. Here's the video, look what these guys did. We can take advantage of that same set of conditions by doing this on a normal day and changing our approach only when teh temperature drops below 50 degrees.

But then...you need to have someone processing that data to be able to point to the examples that didn't get stuck in the players' minds. An analytically minded department, one might say. And then a coach who understands that kind of data exists and is willing and able to use it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Do you think they just forgot how to do that 

Not necessarily, but with the younger players I question if they ever could. But that could just be because of Menechino's approach and that some of these guys have never had a different hitting coach. 

Given the success they had in 2019, I will never understand replacing Steverson. 

3 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

They are too right handed. They need to add more LHH’s to balance out the lineup. They also have too many position players that play multiple positions or out of position so they need to trade one or two of them. 

Why would we add legit left handed savagery when we hate winning?

We are an organization that loves excuse making, squandering resources on crap rather than making a concerted effort to substantially address major needs, living in the past, using media assets to deflect from real issues, and are perfectly happy to put our head in the sand when it comes to facing long standing problems.

All of these things are anathema to savagery and are thus not conducive to winning. If you don't want to add a savage you don't want to win. It's that simple. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Quin said:

A good hitting coach would adjust 

Menechino is on record saying the approach is to hit fastballs opposite way and pull breaking balls.

most HR hitters in MLB are looking for fastballs in the zone to turn on, or hanging breaking pitches.

it’s a bad approach the Sox are being guided toward

• Like 1
  • Love 1

That article is probably the most obvious proof that these clowns have no idea what they are doing.  We all knew the ball wasn’t juiced anymore and that adjustments were needed ASAP.  Unfortunately, Hahn & Frank stayed the course and punted away the season.  Both guys should be banned from baseball for this gross negligence.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how the Sox and Menechino saw what they did against Houston in the playoffs last year and thought, "yeah we just need to keep putting the ball in play weakly". I'm not saying every Sox hitter should try to pull the ball in the air cause not every hitter is suited for that, but it's clear that many of our hitters would benefit from that approach since their power is being sapped by the current approach. 

Edited by chw42
  • Thanks 1

Wow! This really puts into perspective how much this loser franchise is finding new ways to completely embarrass themselves nationally! 

Now our pathetic manager and hitting coach are spewing this total BS trying to rationalize their lack of home runs. Most good managers and hitting coaches would be embarrassed to even think of stating such nonsense. 

This season is becoming the ultimate circus and trainwreck during my long and loyal White Sox fandom!