TLR out for the year

chw42

Hopefully he is okay but I don’t know. Just listening to his pressers from even last year to this year are night and day. He mumbles and can’t form complete sentences alot of the times. With that said I hope he takes time off figures what’s wrong with him, gets better and never manages the White Sox again.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

This is Reinsdorf we are talking about here. This could be all about protecting La Russa's legacy and giving him an out that isn't being fired. Even JR can't be stupid enough to believe TLR can be back here in any capacity next season. 

I definitely believe there are health issues, because he's like 80 fucking years old, and a heavy drinker. But the timing seems quite suspicious. 

His legacy has already been ruined by Reinsdorf these last few years. I don't doubt this is paving the way to "promote" him into the FO after the season. And to be honest, that worries just as much as having him in the dugout.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Quin said:

Split this off from the Fire Tony thread.

As infuriating as he is as a manager, I hope he's doing OK. Listening to Fegan talk about Tony after games on the FutureSox podcast really hammered home that these games are just taking a lot out of him.

Not saying that as a joke either. These games are stressful to watch. At his age, I can't imagine the strain of these games are taking on his body.

I should preface this by saying that I obviously don't want him to die or anything, but how are we as fans supposed to react to this? I don't feel bad for him, if it's that hard on him, he should resign. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 1

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

I should preface this by saying that I obviously don't want him to die or anything, but how are we as fans supposed to react to this? I don't feel bad for him, if it's that hard on him, he should resign. 

Honestly, it makes me sad.

He's a god awful modern day manager that infuriates me with every decision and its entirely in his control, but somehow it makes me sad. For him, for the players, for us.

I think I'm at the 4th stage of grief with this team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zisk said:

If he does step down, I hope JR does too. Michael Reinsdorf has done a good job with the Bulls. He took the

steps needed to get the team going again, including showing his dads pals the door.

If JR were to sell (highly unlikely) Michael isn't going to be around, JR has repeatedly told the family if/when he leaves the scene to "Keep the Bulls, sell the Sox."

3 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

This is Reinsdorf we are talking about here. This could be all about protecting La Russa's legacy and giving him an out that isn't being fired. Even JR can't be stupid enough to believe TLR can be back here in any capacity next season. 

I definitely believe there are health issues, because he's like 80 fucking years old, and a heavy drinker. But the timing seems quite suspicious. 

Oh yes he can. If TLR says he wants to honor the final year of his contract JR will say, "OK."

11 hours ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

This is an important takeaway: it's possible to separate wishing he's no longer with the organization, and also being respectful about the man's health. Genuinely hope he's ok.

This is where I'm at.  A HOF manager should retire with some dignity.

• Like 1

I am guessing here but I would not be surprised by an announcement that Tony has Covid -19 or some other acute malady and therefore, an interim Manager will take over for the rest of the season.. Cairo, Katz or even Ozzie seem to be leading candidates. Too late  to make a run, especially without TA and a banged up Robert, Moncada ,Grandal,  Kopech, Bummer, et al, but I think it would be a lot of fun to see Ozzie out there.

44 minutes ago, tray said:

I am guessing here but I would not be surprised by an announcement that Tony has Covid -19 or some other acute malady and therefore, an interim Manager will take over for the rest of the season.. Cairo, Katz or even Ozzie seem to be leading candidates. Too late  to make a run, especially without TA and a banged up Robert, Moncada ,Grandal,  Kopech, Bummer, et al, but I think it would be a lot of fun to see Ozzie out there.

If he had tested positive for COVID they would have had to disclose that.

By all accounts he seemed fine, or at least normal, up until about an hour before the game.

This sounds a lot more like sudden chest/internal pain.

• knightni changed the title to TLR wants to return this season
  • Quin changed the title to TLR out for the year