TLR out for the year

chw42

24 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

If he had tested positive for COVID they would have had to disclose that.

By all accounts he seemed fine, or at least normal, up until about an hour before the game.

This sounds a lot more like sudden chest/internal pain.

Pretty sure they don't.

15 hours ago, zisk said:

If he does step down, I hope JR does too. Michael Reinsdorf has done a good job with the Bulls. He took the

steps needed to get the team going again, including showing his dads pals the door.

Home run on this one! I've have been banging this drum hard!. Let Michael run it and clean house completely! This includes not only Jerry's pals, but all FO, farm system management, manager, coaches and all medical, training and strength staff members!

The way it was phrased, I don't think it was Covid, and I don't know why they would have him at the park and then leave if it was something planned. 

My guess is he either had some chest pains and they were checking on a possible heart attack or perhaps he had symptoms of a stroke. The press release makes it sound like they didn't expect him back any time soon. Hopefully never, but if something is wrong, I do hope he recovers.

5 hours ago, hogan873 said:

I'm still thinking this is an exit strategy for TLR.  Allow him to take a front office job with "less pressure".  However, if he did have some sort of sudden health event, I do hope he recovers...and then retires.

Same here.  It also generates sympathy.  The life of a major leagues has to take its toll on someone this age if they don't condition for it.  We are also talking about a guy who got a DUI in his 70s.  Maybe consuming a lot of alcohol is catching up. 

Last night Cairo managed just like LaRussa.  They need to go outside this organization.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Same here.  It also generates sympathy.  The life of a major leagues has to take its toll on someone this age if they don't condition for it.  We are also talking about a guy who got a DUI in his 70s.  Maybe consuming a lot of alcohol is catching up. 

Last night Cairo managed just like LaRussa.  They need to go outside this organization.

The worry of course is that they'll have another sham search having already decided far in advance Cairo is getting the job.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The worry of course is that they'll have another sham search having already decided far in advance Cairo is getting the job.

Why would they give Cairo the job permanently?  He's a tony guy, has no ties to the organization, isn't a JR buddy and certainly wouldn't be Hahn's choice.  I think its fair to have concerns about the Sox not doing their full due diligence on a new manager (if we get one), but I highly doubt they just had the job to Cairo if TLR "steps down" or is "promoted". 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Why would they give Cairo the job permanently?  He's a tony guy, has no ties to the organization, isn't a JR buddy and certainly wouldn't be Hahn's choice.  I think its fair to have concerns about the Sox not doing their full due diligence on a new manager (if we get one), but I highly doubt they just had the job to Cairo if TLR "steps down" or is "promoted". 

How much of that description applied to Renteria?

Just now, Balta1701 said:

How much of that description applied to Renteria?

IDK, maybe a little bit?  Don't see how Renteria is relevant at this point.  

Again, don't really see any good reason they Sox would hand Cairo the job short of the people just basically thinking they'll make the dumbest decision possible.  I get it, but I think Jirschele or even Pierzynski are more likely than Cairo if we actually do get a new manager.

That all said, while Cairo would be a poor hire, I'd prefer him 10000000000000000x to TLR.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

IDK, maybe a little bit?  Don't see how Renteria is relevant at this point.  

Again, don't really see any good reason they Sox would hand Cairo the job short of the people just basically thinking they'll make the dumbest decision possible.  I get it, but I think Jirschele or even Pierzynski are more likely than Cairo if we actually do get a new manager.

That all said, while Cairo would be a poor hire, I'd prefer him 10000000000000000x to TLR.   

I really, REALLY want them to go outside the organization for next manager. It’s obvious that they need a new voice. Have real interviews with experienced major league managers and pick the best one regardless of his ties (or lack thereof)  to the White Sox. 

20 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

I really, REALLY want them to go outside the organization for next manager. It’s obvious that they need a new voice. Have real interviews with experienced major league managers and pick the best one regardless of his ties (or lack thereof)  to the White Sox. 

Come on. You know that won’t happen.

18 hours ago, The Beast said:

Lets see if you’re right on the first point Shane. I hope you’re wrong though and he finishes the year.

Shane might be right. Hopefully he’s not going to be a jerk about being right and spikes the football.

I hope it’s nothing serious.

Edited by The Beast

• knightni changed the title to TLR wants to return this season
  • Quin changed the title to TLR out for the year