TLR out for the year

chw42

12 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Managers, coaches ect like TLR know no other way of life. They have no hobbies or life outside of the sport they are involved with. They just keep managing until no one hires them anymore or something like this forces them to stop.

Stress is an absolute silent killer. The most valuable thing any person can have in life is peace of mind. 

Hopefully this is the slap in the face that gets both JR and TLR's attention. It is time to hang it up and try to find some peace of mind away from the game. 

It is now time for new young blood in the organization. 

Hawk Harrelson loved the White Sox more than Tony and Jerry (or any other two humans excluding perhaps Jose Abreu) combined.

If Hawk can step away and enjoy life, they should be able to as well.

37 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It amazes me that no one from management is out there answering these questions, so the players get to. What a joke.

This is absolutely insane.  I am a manager at my work.  The first thing we always talk about when it comes to any press release is timing it so our staff are told by us before they find out on Twitter.  That is just basic "Management for Dummies" stuff.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

This is absolutely insane.  I am a manager at my work.  The first thing we always talk about when it comes to any press release is timing it so our staff are told by us before they find out on Twitter.  That is just basic "Management for Dummies" stuff.

Nothing Rick Hahn does, or doesn't do, surprises me. He has never been held accountable for anything, and never will be with the White Sox.

• Like 1

Whatever it is, the team and/or Tony don't want anyone to know. Joe Kelly left with lightheadedness, Yaz left with knee discomfort,  Eloy left with hamstring discomfort.  Ta left with goin discomfort. Tony leaves with a medical issue. They don't even tell the players. It' has to be something fairly serious.  

Yesterday it was out tonight and being re-evalutated.  Today it is out indefinitely and heading back to AZ for further tests.  How long do they wait with awkward speculation in the air before they announce he is resigning/retiring for heath reasons?

6 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Yesterday it was out tonight and being re-evalutated.  Today it is out indefinitely and heading back to AZ for further tests.  How long do they wait with awkward speculation in the air before they announce he is resigning/retiring for heath reasons?

I thought I was on the Soxtalk will be going down thread at first.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Nightengale’s article explains a lot

Edited by fathom

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Then why did he do all the meetings yesterday 

Because the Bears did the same thing to Nagy around Thanksgiving last year, except he was fired and wasn’t away from the team for his health.

1 hour ago, brijames1957 said:

The guy hasn't looked well in a long time. If JR and TLR don't realize he needs to retire now they never will. 

The time is right now to clean house. Bring in a GM and Manager that have had nothing to do with White Sox baseball. Bring in an entire new training staff that practices all the latest cutting edge ideas when it comes to conditioning and nutrition. 

Hire a GM who believes in defense and athleticism and finding players who are driven to win. 

Do they rebuild or retool in that scenario?

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I hope it isn't cancer. That is one thing where Tony would probably want to see "his" doctors. I would imagine the Sox get top medical experts.

I hope it isn’t cancer either. Whatever it is, I hope it isn’t life threatening.

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

I believe Tony deserves a soft landing. I hope he recovers and can live a long life. If this is a PR stunt to allow him a graceful exit, I'm pissed because I do have empathy for anyone suffering health issues bad enough that they end a career. 

I am a little sad how pessimistic so many people are about their life span. My mother in law is 90 and lives a very active life. Folks over 70 have climbed Everest, sailed solo around the world, created masterpieces in all art forms. Your life doesn't have to crater in your 70s. 

If you are fortunate to get to 70. Unfortunately we just lost my father in law to pancreatic cancer at the age of 64. But for the average lifespan, people can still be productive in their 70s, especially since the average life expectancy is in the late 70s. 

• knightni changed the title to TLR wants to return this season
  • Quin changed the title to TLR out for the year