TLR out for the year

chw42

28 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Of course he is.

https://www.tiktok.com/@esenachoman/video/6937119843044969734?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

I am a little sad how pessimistic so many people are about their life span. My mother in law is 90 and lives a very active life. Folks over 70 have climbed Everest, sailed solo around the world, created masterpieces in all art forms. Your life doesn't have to crater in your 70s. 

There is a difference between people in their 70s-90s living an active life, vs. working a taxing job a dozen hours a day for several months, including living on the road and packing / unpacking every three days.

• Like 2

If TLR health has not been good as evidenced by his inexplicable decisions and in comprehensive after game interviews, why did they wait so long to remove him while we still had a reasonable chance at the playoffs?  BTW, Cairo is not the answer either, he is just a Spanish speaking TLR.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sox are treating him like he’s Coach K, when the reality is he’s been a total flop this tenure.

Yup, at this point I fully expect him back as manager next year in a completely virtual capacity.  They’ll just place a little laptop in the dugout and let him call the shots from Arizona.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, at this point I fully expect him back as manager next year in a completely virtual capacity.  They’ll just place a little laptop in the dugout and let him call the shots from Arizona.

He’s like “did someone say shots”

• Haha 3
  • TLR 1

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Yesterday it was out tonight and being re-evalutated.  Today it is out indefinitely and heading back to AZ for further tests.  How long do they wait with awkward speculation in the air before they announce he is resigning/retiring for heath reasons?

Hopefully soon so we don’t have to worry about him returning anymore. I hope Tony is alright, but this is the most excited I’ve been about the Sox in a while. Tony was awful in every way imaginable and this clubs future is much brighter without him around. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

odds Tony steps down and Cairo takes over next year? Think it might be above 50%

People that I trust were telling me last year, this was the plan... that's the reason Cairo joined the staff. He's next in line from what they've told me.

Assuming that happens it would be yet another time when the Sox didn't even bother to have a comprehensive search process and try to bring in "outsiders" who can look at the issues with fresh eyes.

• TLR 2

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

People that I trust were telling me last year, this was the plan... that's the reason Cairo joined the staff. He's next in line from what they've told me.

Assuming that happens it would be yet another time when the Sox didn't even bother to have a comprehensive search process and try to bring in "outsiders" who can look at the issues with fresh eyes.

Nothing is going to change until JR sells the team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2022 at 7:10 PM, kitekrazy said:

This seems a convenient way out all around.  I would question some authenticity in all of this.  

I don't trust Reinsdorf as far as I can spit.

We are being spinned as usual.

This team is light years from a juggernaut like LAD or the Historical NYY.

They thought they  could add a few more notches  on TLR HOF plack  by just being an push-button caretaker.

The Baseballs Gods were having none of it.

Yes I agree with others:

This is a soft-landing for an egomaniac owner and his BFF.

Edited by GradMc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

It was nice of Hahn to be invisible the last two days. What a gigantic coward.

Hahn didn’t hire him so why would he jump out in front of this? He’s probably saying I told you so…

all kidding aside you’d think he would come out and at least make a statement 

23 minutes ago, fathom said:

It was nice of Hahn to be invisible the last two days. What a gigantic coward.

Given Hahn's arrogance calling out Sox fans saying he felt they wanted the rebuild so fail so they could say 'I told you so', his 10 year record as G.M. and his terrible off-season leading into this year I'm guessing he'd rather have an impacted wisdom tooth than appear before the media.

• knightni changed the title to TLR wants to return this season
  • Quin changed the title to TLR out for the year