TLR out for the year

chw42

OG CBS One Shining Moment

Was at the Dallas Comegys game (2:09-2:12) at the Rosemont Horizon!

IIRC, this was the last game the losing team (Syracuse coach by perma-corrupt Jim Boeheim) had to wait courtside through the championship celebration to receive their second place trophy.

Speaking of perma-corrupt, Rick Pitino hugs senior Billy Donovan at the 3:12 mark.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

OG CBS One Shining Moment

Was at the Dallas Comegys game (2:09-2:12) at the Rosemont Horizon!

IIRC, this was the last game the losing team (Syracuse coach by perma-corrupt Jim Boeheim) had to wait courtside through the championship celebration to receive their second place trophy.

Speaking of perma-corrupt, Rick Pitino hugs senior Billy Donovan at the 3:12 mark.

35 years later, and I think I could name around 70% of the players and coaches. If I saw last year’s I could probably name 10%.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

The boys are playing hard for their ailing skip Tony. Do it for Tony.

More like we’re a dog that’s been let off it’s leash and now we’re just running all over pissing on everything in sight.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

I am not buying this, I think the team told him he was done and this was a way to let him go without a "firing". 

It just doesn't make sense that he would leave that close to game time if it wasn't a real medical issue. They didn't just decide 40 minutes before the game to send him packing.

Now, I can totally buy that at some point he gets better but they tell him not to come back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

It just doesn't make sense that he would leave that close to game time if it wasn't a real medical issue. They didn't just decide 40 minutes before the game to send him packing.

Now, I can totally buy that at some point he gets better but they tell him not to come back.

God I hope so…if they bring him back and the team falls apart they will alienate the fans in a way they’ve never experienced.

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

And if his condition is so serious he had to leave immediately,  how is watching the games and in constant contact with Cairo better, and medically allowed. The fact that no one is talking, just a press release means either this situation is rather dire or there is some BS going on and they don't want to ho on the record with blatant lies.

• Like 1

If TLR is forced to vacate the position, and if the Sox continue to play well under Cairo, they still need to have a full and expansive search for the next manager.

If Cairo is the guy, then they should still interview people to gain all the information and ideas they can about the game and about their own team. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Let's F*#KING hope so, especially if this win streak keeps going!

2 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

God I hope so…if they bring him back and the team falls apart they will alienate the fans in a way they’ve never experienced.

Yeah but he isn't a player losing their job to a backup. He is the Manager and you kinda can't tell him to f*** off or send him down. The players clearly like him. The best hope is he listens to others more often and accepts input on managerial issues. 

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

And if his condition is so serious he had to leave immediately,  how is watching the games and in constant contact with Cairo better, and medically allowed. The fact that no one is talking, just a press release means either this situation is rather dire or there is some BS going on and they don't want to ho on the record with blatant lies.

Exactly what kind of shape do you think a person needs to be in to watch a baseball game and talk on the phone? This is 1 of the worst takes I’ve ever seen

3 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Well this organization is dysfunctional, so anything is possible. A lot can happen before gametime, maybe there was a meeting and it went poorly. Maybe JR decided it was time. We dont know.

What we can all agree on is how weird this has all been, none of it is normal. No press release, no updates, strange timelines and "doctor's orders", team performing like we all thought they would, this all has the signs of there being more.

4 hours ago, reiks12 said:

I am not buying this, I think the team told him he was done and this was a way to let him go without a "firing". 

You and I are conditioned to look for conspiracies and this certainly smells like one, but I still give it only a 10% chance of being true.  But that's still a chance.

• knightni changed the title to TLR wants to return this season
  • Quin changed the title to TLR out for the year