TLR out for the year

chw42

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

They have the perfect out in the palm of their hand, so of course they will welcome him back with open arms and let him ruin all of the positive vibes going in his absence.  Because, these are the White Sox. 

Welcome him back to the last game and give him a trophy 🏆.  They are doing it all for Tony. 

22 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

My guess is Tony wants to return. Sox we’re internally hoping he wouldn’t. Now they have to make a decision instead of hoping this would just kind take care of itself. 

I’d hope they would say Tony just take the rest of the season to rest up and we will readdress this come the off-season, then they stash him in a corner somewhere 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

My guess is Tony wants to return. Sox we’re internally hoping he wouldn’t. Now they have to make a decision instead of hoping this would just kind take care of itself. 

Except now they can still make the decision for him ("hey bud, seats taken"), and Tony can choose to publicly say he's stepping away for health reasons, not mentioning that he wasn't invited to return.

Everybody wins!

3 hours ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Has he watched any Whitesox baseball the past year and 1/2? This makes zero sense. No one wants him back, especially not the fans

I'm guessing Sully is being facetious based on his other columns basically ripping the Sox for hiring him in the first place.

It's amazing. In 1986, the LaRussa firing was a real soap opera as Hawk openly recruited people with Tony still in the dugout. Now this, over 35 years later.  It gives me little confidence in this organization. Of course, this never would have happened if they put more effort into replacing Renteria. 

5 minutes ago, Highland said:

It's amazing. In 1986, the LaRussa firing was a real soap opera as Hawk openly recruited people with Tony still in the dugout. Now this, over 35 years later.  It gives me little confidence in this organization. Of course, this never would have happened if they put more effort into replacing Renteria. 

Look at their record over the last 35 years. This shouldn't be the only thing that gives you little confidence in this organization. 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Tony said:

Look at their record over the last 35 years. This shouldn't be the only thing that gives you little confidence in this organization. 

I agree, but this is just another situation that confirms already held beliefs. But this is truly an example of short-sighted thinking. JR felt bad over the 1986 firing. But managers, even excellent ones, get fired. So, he set himself for another case where he wouldn't or couldn't fire a friend even if it is warranted. When can we expect another short-sighted decision?

16 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Sad that Bob has now spoken twice about the situation, whereas Hahn (or Jerry) have not addressed the media, even on a club owned venue (CSN or Whitesox.com).

The Sox FO can formally address what the club is doing while Tony is away without answering questions about Tony’s health or return to the club.

I found this line in DVS's story interesting:

As one team source told the Sun-Times recently, everyone from the players to the coaching staff to the front office felt ‘‘drained’’ by the climate surrounding a team that had World Series aspirations in spring training, as well as its record.

21 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

As one team source told the Sun-Times recently, everyone from the players to the coaching staff to the front office felt ‘‘drained’’ by the climate surrounding a team that had World Series aspirations in spring training, as well as its record.

Imagine doing the bare minimum to support this team in the off-season and during the season, and then acting surprised when the roster shows some leaks and the 77 year old manager has multiple high profile f*** ups 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

This was pretty obvious to anyone paying attention.  I don’t think the newfound sense of energy around the club as soon as TLR stepped away was a mirage either, or us merely seeing what we wanted to see.  

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

• knightni changed the title to TLR wants to return this season
  • Quin changed the title to TLR out for the year