TLR out for the year

chw42

18 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

My guess is Tony wants to return. Sox we’re internally hoping he wouldn’t. Now they have to make a decision instead of hoping this would just kind take care of itself. 

Rick should just not pick up TLR's calls and text back after a few of them with "sorry, been crazy busy."  That process should buy at least a couple weeks

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Hawk 1

I'm guessing this new found energy is somewhat related to the fact that the Sox rotation pitchers have only given up 5 ER in the last 8 games (50.1 IP). The last bad start was Giolito nine games ago. Not sure how Cairo can take credit for that.

Anyone can manage with that pitching. Worse case scenario is the rotation keeps this up, everyone declares TLR's absence to be the difference and the Sox don't fix the many holes that were obvious all season. TLR has had a bad year and should have been fired, but I doubt anyone would have had the Sox playing .600 ball all year.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I found this line in DVS's story interesting:

As one team source told the Sun-Times recently, everyone from the players to the coaching staff to the front office felt ‘‘drained’’ by the climate surrounding a team that had World Series aspirations in spring training, as well as its record.

Good. I want it to be miserable there.

This stupid organization can't even avoid stepping on their own dicks in whatever short window we have and they totally wasted two prime years by giving this geriatric clown all the power.

I'm glad they are suffering. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Rick should just not pick up TLR's calls and text back after a few of them with "sorry, been crazy busy."  That process should buy at least a couple weeks

Text - what texts - Rick just gave him a land line number and a fax. We got time! 

• TLR 1

9 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Possibility TLR will join the Sox in Oakland for Dave Stewart's jersey retirement ceremony. A's planned the event for when the Sox are in town. TLR still has a home in the Bay Area but he'd need to get permission from doctors to fly from Phoenix.

We will probably get a good clue from that. If he doesn't show for that its probably something serious

• knightni changed the title to TLR wants to return this season
  • Quin changed the title to TLR out for the year