TLR out for the year

chw42

39 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He is the biggest change to a playoff team. Then he leaves and everything gets better instantly.  

Wasn't he not managing on 8/31 and therefore he is ineligible for the playoffs anyways??  Pointless to bring him back in that case.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He is the biggest change to a playoff team. Then he leaves and everything gets better instantly.  

Lol. What a crock of s%*#. I could play that game and say the Sox have only won one division title in the last 15 years and guess who was managing?

Technically the Sox have been better under TLR than any manager in a long time. 

The mighty 2020 White Sox who finished as the 7th seed in a 60 game season where they limped into the playoffs is the standard that TLR s%*# all over according to you. But apparently since they've had a nice 8 game sample size without him, he's clearly the problem. 

How about Hahn's 10 season sample? Is TLR to blame for that?

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's too bad that we have a leashededia in the city, because there is a story there.  NO ONE  in this organization is willing to stand in front of a camera and talk about Tony.  It's just bizarre.  Though the old saying about saying nothing still saying a lot comes to mind.

Too bad they can't hire a PR firm to help. They spent all their extra money on  Leury and a couple part time relievers. 

Just now, KrankinSox said:

Lol. What a crock of s%*#. I could play that game and say the Sox have only won one division title in the last 15 years and guess who was managing?

The mighty 2020 White Sox who finished as the 7th seed in a 60 game season where they limped into the playoffs is the standard that TLR s%*# all over according to you. But apparently since they've had a nice 8 game sample size without him, he's clearly the problem. 

The beauty of this organization there are so many people to blame they all can escape scrutiny if we allow it. 

Somehow all these guys that should be fired produced the only back to back playoff teams in team history. 

In order I'd like to see leave

Tony 

Hahn 

JR

4 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Why do you feel the need to defend TLR all the time?  Let me make this simple for you....he was brought in to bring this team to and win a World Series.  The team is at best a .500 club with him in the dugout.  He has been an epic failure.  He just has and I am perplexed why you do not understand that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 2

Just now, wegner said:

Why do you feel the need to defend TLR all the time?  Let me make this simple for you....he was brought in to bring this team to and win a World Series.  The team is at best a .500 club with him in the dugout.  He has been an epic failure.  He just has and I am perplexed why you do not understand that.

I've criticized TLR plenty. I defend him against the complete insanity I read sometimes. 

There's people on here who actually believe the team is magically healed now because TLR left for a couple weeks. As if his departure is definitely the spark we needed. That's why I like to joke that the team is playing well now because their skip is in the hospital and their busting their ass for him.

6 minutes ago, Texsox said:

The beauty of this organization there are so many people to blame they all can escape scrutiny if we allow it. 

Somehow all these guys that should be fired produced the only back to back playoff teams in team history. 

In order I'd like to see leave

Tony 

Hahn 

JR

Until JR leaves, it will always be a shitshow since he will keep Hahn / Tony and Paxson as long as he is alive and involved in day to day. Gar Pax would still be running the Bulls if Jerry didn’t hand them over to Michael..

In a normal organization with normal ownership, the primary target would  be Hahn, since an owner would interview and hire a qualified replacement, who in turn would replace the manager as the first order of business. 

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Very weird in deed. Looked awful when Cairo and the players were the ones fielding questions.

Stone on 670 earlier this week said, in one sentence, that he and Tony have spoke on the phone and that he's doing well.  In another sentence, like 3 minutes later, not only does he not know what his "medical emergency" was, Steve says no one else does either.

Definitely reeks.

Edited by mmmmmbeeer
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

I've criticized TLR plenty. I defend him against the complete insanity I read sometimes. 

There's people on here who actually believe the team is magically healed now because TLR left for a couple weeks. As if his departure is definitely the spark we needed. That's why I like to joke that the team is playing well now because their skip is in the hospital and their busting their ass for him.

Fair enough

I still want him to get bumped upstairs since they won't fire him.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

The mighty 2020 White Sox who finished as the 7th seed in a 60 gme season where they limped into the playoffs is the standard that TLR s%*# all over according to you. But apparently since they've had a nice 8 game sample size without him, he's clearly the problem. 

Tony was handed a playoff team and turned it into a .500 team with it getting worse the longer he had been here.

I know the Rick Hahn slight of hand is a way to protect Tony,  but if Tony was literally anywhere else in baseball,  he would have been fired already.

Protect Britney all you like, but the results speak for themselves,  as does Tony being mocked by the baseball world.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, KrankinSox said:

Now do the team since Hahn took over.

Everything with respect to the Chicago White Sox is in significantly worse shape than it was the day Tony was announced manager. He was an awful hire that somehow got even worse. How anyone that has paid attention can defend him is beyond comprehension. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Everything with respect to the Chicago White Sox is in significantly worse shape than it was the day Bologna was announced manager. He was an awful hire that somehow got even worse. How anyone that has paid attention can defend him is beyond comprehension. 

Fixed.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Tony was handed a playoff team and turned it into a .500 team with it getting worse the longer he had been here.

I know the Rick Hahn slight of hand is a way to protect Tony,  but if Tony was literally anywhere else in baseball,  he would have been fired already.

Protect Britney all you like, but the results speak for themselves,  as does Tony being mocked by the baseball world.

TLR ain't the answer but he certainly isn't the only problem. You've completely oversimplified his impact. Took a "playoff" team who couldn't make it past the A's to reach the ALDS. Sox stunk before Tony, pal.

2 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Bologna ain't the answer but he certainly isn't the only problem. You've completely oversimplified his impact. Took a "playoff" team who couldn't make it past the A's to reach the ALDS. Sox stunk before Bologna, pal.

Fixed.

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Everything with respect to the Chicago White Sox is in significantly worse shape than it was the day Tony was announced manager. He was an awful hire that somehow got even worse. How anyone that has paid attention can defend him is beyond comprehension. 

You think the Sox are a 95 win team with Hinch this year? Do you honestly believe that?

15 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

TLR ain't the answer but he certainly isn't the only problem. You've completely oversimplified his impact. Took a "playoff" team who couldn't make it past the A's to reach the ALDS. Sox stunk before Tony, pal.

White Sox Winning Percentage & Payroll Rank

2020: .583 / 17th

2021: .574 / 15th

2022: .504 / 7th

Mo Money, Mo Tony, Mo Problems

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

22 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

They were a vibrant young team that played with fire coming off a playoff berth looking like a juggernaut for the next half decade +. Now they’re lifeless and boring, just like their manager. Injuries and lack of a finishing roster moves have played a big role, but so has Tony. Pal. 

• Fire 2

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

They were a vibrant young team that played with fire coming off a playoff berth looking like a juggernaut for the next half decade +. Now they’re lifeless and boring, just like their manager. Injuries and lack of a finishing roster moves have played a big role, but so has Tony. Pal. 

Remind me about the final 3 weeks of 2020.

• Quin changed the title to TLR out for the year