TLR out for the year

chw42

1 minute ago, KrankinSox said:

Who has that additional payroll been spent on? 

A good portion on guys Tony wanted her or wanted back, including Eaton, Lynn, Leury and Kelly. 

Couple that with Hahn’s worse impulses such as his “biggest idea” Kimbrel, and you are where the Sox are.

25 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

They were a vibrant young team that played with fire coming off a playoff berth looking like a juggernaut for the next half decade +. Now they’re lifeless and boring, just like their manager. Injuries and lack of a finishing roster moves have played a big role, but so has Bologna. Pal. 

Fixed.

16 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

A good portion on guys Bologna wanted her or wanted back, including Eaton, Lynn, Leury and Kelly. 

Couple that with Hahn’s worse impulses such as his “biggest idea” Kimbrel, and you are where the Sox are.

Fixed.

Perhaps the front office intentionally floated the idea of a possible return, in an attempt to gauge the reaction. It's hard to believe that they are so obtuse that they haven't figured it out yet. However, why should we have confidence that they know what they're doing. I don't care how this all plays out, as long as the Sox have a different manager, next season.

Loyal fans deserve better than all of this unnecessary drama. This organization has managed to become very difficult to support. Frankly, even if they win the division, if their record is just a little over .500, and they succeed in the post season, it would be a hallow, tainted victory, for many. The Sox don't belong in the same company as great teams, which have compiled significant winning records, during the season. What if they played the Dodgers, in the World Series and won. Would anyone really think that the Sox were a better team than the Dodgers? Just get this season over with, and try to fix it, before this window closes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Perhaps the front office intentionally floated the idea of a possible return, in an attempt to gauge the reaction. It's hard to believe that they are so obtuse that they haven't figured it out yet. However, why should we have confidence that they know what they're doing. I don't care how this all plays out, as long as the Sox have a different manager, next season.

Loyal fans deserve better than all of this unnecessary drama. This organization has managed to become very difficult to support. Frankly, even if they win the division, if their record is just a little over .500, and they succeed in the post season, it would be a hallow, tainted victory, for many. The Sox don't belong in the same company as great teams, which have compiled significant winning records, during the season. What if they played the Dodgers, in the World Series and won. Would anyone really think that the Sox were a better team than the Dodgers? Just get this season over with, and try to fix it, before this window closes.

It’s not up to the front office. If it was, Hinch would be our manager. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lillian said:

If this team plays the dodgers in the World Series and wins… it’s fucking party time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KrankinSox said:

I've criticized TLR plenty. I defend him against the complete insanity I read sometimes. 

There's people on here who actually believe the team is magically healed now because TLR left for a couple weeks. As if his departure is definitely the spark we needed. That's why I like to joke that the team is playing well now because their skip is in the hospital and their busting their ass for him.

I think you are being very logical in how you approach this but the manager or head coach is always the 1st to go in sports when things are disappointing. There are obviously many things wrong with the Sox organization but there really isn't a need to stick up for TLR. I know it's a white knight kind of thing to do especially in the face of some of the awful and callous things you've read .

Hahn has plenty of haters too. That's why there is also a Fire Hahn thread. The best thing for your argument is that Tony doesn't come back and the Sox revert back to who they were all season with him which is pretty likely to happen. If you want the Sox to win then maybe he should not come back if the small sample size without him means anything.

I know the magically healed thing without him might seem absurd but that's how these things often work in sports. It happened this season for other teams like the Phillies and Toronto. The mid level manager type on the field has a team under his direct hand that has failed . He must be the 1st to go like people were talking about Menechino being the fall guy because upper middle management will not fire themselves.

The best thing for the short term health of the Sox is Tony gone. The best thing for the longer term team health is Jerry gone and that's not necessarily a given if a new owner isn't any better considering Sox fans have been waiting for an owner that knows how to grow the franchise and also how to win for a very very long time.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, hi8is said:

If this team plays the dodgers in the World Series and wins… it’s fucking party time.

Any team can win a series against another team. Would you honestly delude yourself into believing that the Sox were the better team? I wouldn't. I would just call it luck. How long has it been that the Sox have been playing .500 baseball? So winning the worst division in baseball, with barely a winning record, would make you very happy, as long as they won a few post season series and the World Series. It wouldn't be very satisfying for me, after watching an entire season of mediocrity. I guess that I'm harder to please. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Any team can win a series against another team. Would you honestly delude yourself into believing that the Sox were the better team? I wouldn't. I would just call it luck. How long has it been that the Sox have been playing .500 baseball? So winning the worst division in baseball, with barely a winning record, would make you very happy, as long as they won a few post season series and the World Series. It wouldn't be very satisfying for me, after watching an entire season of mediocrity. I guess that I'm harder to please. 

Simple pleasures are the best. Baseball having more teams in the playoffs was designed to get underdog champions .Flags fly forever. If the 1917 Sox won a World Series because there was a playoff system and they were thought of as a weaker teams there aren't any people left from around that time who would care.

The beauty of baseball is a hot team can beat the best team. But 3 rounds are designed to weed out the weak but it is easier to be hot over a months worth of playoffs than a 162 game season. I'd be perfectly fine with a World Series win under most any circumstances.

43 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I wouldn’t give a rats ass and would be stoked that we won another World Series. 😆

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I wouldn’t give a rats ass and would be stoked that we won another World Series. 😆

Exactly, both the Giants and Dodgers had better overall record than the Braves last season yet no one will remember that and I bet no Braves fan is complaining that Atlanta won.

• Like 2

• Quin changed the title to TLR out for the year