TLR out for the year

chw42

14 minutes ago, he gone. said:

Not saying, just saying ... if I'm the Sox and don't want tony back I think theres a path ... 

Task 1: find a few guys in the clubhouse to talk anonymously. Drop a few negative quotes. 

Task 2: rehash the old stories of DUI and the underlying racism undertones of the past

Task 3: push the health narrative more

You just need a good ol' Fox News/CNN spin on Tony and that should seal the deal.  

I'd feel bad about it, but i hate tony. feed him to the wolves. 

This is just silly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, he gone. said:

Not saying, just saying ... if I'm the Sox and don't want tony back I think theres a path ... 

Task 1: find a few guys in the clubhouse to talk anonymously. Drop a few negative quotes. 

Task 2: rehash the old stories of DUI and the underlying racism undertones of the past

You just need a good ol' Fox News/CNN spin on Tony and that should seal the deal.  

Not surprised you crazies are coming up with plots to take down the GOAT. Sad!

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I will cling to facts, you keep clinging to Tony.

If your argument is that the 2020 team wasn't very good with a mediocre manager, yet got to the playoffs, what does it say about Tony who is failing with a better team in 2022?

Is the team better than 2020? Tony still sucks but I don't think the team is better. Maybe I'm just so down on Harrison, Leury, the loss of starting pitching, depth at catcher, etc to see it. I'm with you in that I'd rather have Ricky. 

I'm starting to think Tony planned this whole illness thing to rally the troops. It's classic genius Tony.

The signs are all there.

Tony having dinner with Dave Stewart in AZ. Clearly not ailing too badly.

We've seen from the Jay Cuda tweet that Tony has the acting chops to pull off a stunt like this.

The very mysterious way he exited. Makes the players really buy in and play extra hard for their "ailing" skip.

Tony has been enjoying a nice little vacation, probably having some beers (responsibly, of course) with old pals in Arizona. Meanwhile the team rallies behind their ailing skip and gets an even bigger boost when he returns. They ride the wave all the way to the World Series.

We're all playing checkers while Tony is playing 4D chess. Simply genius.

• Haha 2
  • Hawk 1
  • TLR 1

25 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

I'm starting to think Tony planned this whole illness thing to rally the troops. It's classic genius Tony.

The signs are all there.

Tony having dinner with Dave Stewart in AZ. Clearly not ailing too badly.

We've seen from the Jay Cuda tweet that Tony has the acting chops to pull off a stunt like this.

The very mysterious way he exited. Makes the players really buy in and play extra hard for their "ailing" skip.

Tony has been enjoying a nice little vacation, probably having some beers (responsibly, of course) with old pals in Arizona. Meanwhile the team rallies behind their ailing skip and gets an even bigger boost when he returns. They ride the wave all the way to the World Series.

We're all playing checkers while Tony is playing 4D chess. Simply genius.

Don't know if you are being facetious or not with this comment.

TLR is one of the sharpest people I've ever interviewed I was amazed by his thought process and how before he answered any of my questions there was a pause almost like you could see the wheels spinning.

But I don't think even Tony is Machiavellian enough or sharp enough (especially at his age) to do what you are suggesting.

58 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Is the team better than 2020? Tony still sucks but I don't think the team is better. Maybe I'm just so down on Harrison, Leury, the loss of starting pitching, depth at catcher, etc to see it. I'm with you in that I'd rather have Ricky. 

The team remains significantly more talented on paper than 2020. You mention the rotations - Giolito, Keuchel having an unbelievable season, Dunning and Cease as rookies, and Lopez were that rotation. Giolito, Lynn, Cease, Kopech, and Cueto? Davis Martin is the 6th starter on this team and he could have legitimately started playoff game 3 for the White Sox in 2020. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

The team remains significantly more talented on paper than 2020. You mention the rotations - Giolito, Keuchel having an unbelievable season, Dunning and Cease as rookies, and Lopez were that rotation. Giolito, Lynn, Cease, Kopech, and Cueto? Davis Martin is the 6th starter on this team and he could have legitimately started playoff game 3 for the White Sox in 2020. 

I guess I just dislike this team so much I can't think of them being actually better than any recent Sox team. 

I guess Hahn hasn't sucked that bad the last couple seasons then. 

1 hour ago, he gone. said:

If they truly don't want him back, fire him. Do the right thing and just fire him.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tony said:

I mean, what else needs to be said at this point?

These comments combined w Grandals last week say it all. Yet Jerry will welcome him back with open arms because this is the White Sox way, and I hope the fans boo the hell out of him when he comes back 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

These comments combined w Grandals last week say it all. Yet Jerry will welcome him back with open arms because this is the White Sox way, and I hope the fans boo the hell out of him when he comes back 

They will 100%, noone likes TLR.  Especially now that they see the teams potential without the clown dragging the team down.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I don’t know how this is going to end up but the idea that a head coach could be this much of a drag on a baseball team is just remarkable.

Typically I would agree and say it doesn’t but TLR over the last year and 1/2 has shown that if he can affect the team/game in a negative way he has and he will 

53 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

TLR is one of the sharpest people I've ever interviewed I was amazed by his thought process and how before he answered any of my questions there was a pause almost like you could see the wheels spinning.

But I don't think even Tony is Machiavellian enough or sharp enough (especially at his age) to do what you are suggesting.

You got to interview Tony? What an honor.

53 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

this must have been awhile ago... because them wheels aint spinning anymore

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

I don’t think there’s any question that the team is better now. Just look at the starting rotation. It’s not even comparable. 

18 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Is it possible that Yoan's problem all along was LaRussa?  Firing TLR might be the best way to protect their investment in Moncada.  The best chance of getting rid of TLR as manager is if Jerry sees it that way.

LOL.

His half ass effort on the throw that skipped into the dugout the other night in Seattle had nothing to do with who the manager is. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Moncada doesn't even speak English. Easily could be a language communicstion thing. You conveniently ignored the quotes saying the guys were playing for Tony.

What else do you think they would say?  Reading between the lines, it’s obvious they’re having more fun now.

• Fire 1

• Quin changed the title to TLR out for the year