TLR out for the year

chw42

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

I don’t know how this is going to end up but the idea that a head coach could be this much of a drag on a baseball team is just remarkable.

I've played on teams where bad managers are making bad decisions and yes, everyone knows it and it brings everyone down. That being said you're right, it seemingly effecting them this much is quite alarming. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

I've played on teams where bad managers are making bad decisions and yes, everyone knows it and it brings everyone down. That being said you're right, it seemingly effecting them this much is quite alarming. 

Are you…actually Boone Logan?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

I can’t tell if this is the most elaborate ruse in this thread, or if this is actually how someone in this thread feels.

Bravo if it is the former, my condolences if it is the latter.

I know, can you believe these guys are actually pretending to not like Tony? 

There's actually one guy in this thread who has kept the ruse going for so long that he even started a thread when Tony was hired clamoring for us to call the Sox sponsors and boycott. Hilarious amount of effort in the troll. Respect it 100%.

Edited by KrankinSox
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, KrankinSox said:

You got to interview Tony? What an honor.

More than once, In 2014 right after Christmas I called him at his home in Oakland and we talked for 2 1/2 hours. Just a terrific interview on his days with the Sox. Did the interview for the Chicago Baseball Museum. Broke it up into two parts for their web site. Mark Gonzales read it and said it was one of the best interviews he's ever seen.

If you are interested here are the links to them:

https://chicagobaseballmuseum.org/wp-content/uploads/CBM-Tony-LaRussa-20140217.pdf

https://chicagobaseballmuseum.org/wp-content/uploads/CBM-Tony-La-Russa-Part-2-20140221.pdf

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Hawk 1

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

More than once, In 2014 right after Christmas I called him at his home in Oakland and we talked for 2 1/2 hours. Just a terrific interview on his days with the Sox. Did the interview for the Chicago Baseball Museum. Broke it up into two parts for their web site. Mark Gonzales read it and said it was one of the best interviews he's ever seen.

If you are interested here are the links to them:

https://chicagobaseballmuseum.org/wp-content/uploads/CBM-Tony-LaRussa-20140217.pdf

https://chicagobaseballmuseum.org/wp-content/uploads/CBM-Tony-La-Russa-Part-2-20140221.pdf

Amazing! Thank you for sharing. I will read these tonight. Cool gig ya got there!

1 hour ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Is it possible that Yoan's problem all along was LaRussa?  Firing TLR might be the best way to protect their investment in Moncada.  The best chance of getting rid of TLR as manager is if Jerry sees it that way.

I've thought this for a while.

Tony seems like the kind of guy that would be yelling "cut those sideburns, Mattingly!" at Yoan.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

I don’t think there’s any question that the team is better now. Just look at the starting rotation. It’s not even comparable. 

I think it's a combination of disliking this team and all the fire Hahn talk. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Imagine being krankin and ignoring reality so you can stan for some 76 year old drunk who wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire.

When Tony comes back and we keep winning will you all shut up

EDIT: I'd let Tony piss on me regardless if I were on fire or not. Anything for my skip.

Edited by KrankinSox

9 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

When Tony comes back and we keep winning will you all shut up

EDIT: I'd let Tony piss on me regardless if I were on fire or not. Anything for my skip.

Assuming this isn't a troll job (It might not be based on your history) I'm genuinely curious what TLR has done during his time with the White Sox to show he is the manager you want running the team you root for. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Assuming this isn't a troll job (It might not be based on your history) I'm genuinely curious what TLR has done during his time with the White Sox to show he is the manager you want running the team you root for. 

I couldn't care less if the manager is Tony, Cairo, Ozzie, Aj Pierzynski, etc. If Tony is gone next season, fine by me.

I dont think Tony has done a particularly "good" job as Sox manager. He hasn't done anything to push them over the top. 

However. I think the notion that he is fully responsible for the team's struggles this year is beyond ridiculous. There are plenty of reasons the Sox have struggled and they don't fall squarely on Tony's shoulders. Should the Sox fail to do anything special this season and Tony is fired/retired then so be it. That's sports. Mangers and coaches get the axe all the time.

The majority of the fanbase had their mind made up about Tony the moment he was hired. They didn't like him. Whether it was for being too old, being drunk, or being "racist". People didn't like him and the team sucking the majority of this season was validation for their predetermined disdain for Tony.

Tony got pretty much all he could out of the roster last season. Pitching fell apart and the Stros were the better team. Tip your cap.

This season has been a huge disappointment. And the current hot steak without Tony has been fun and I hope it continues all the way through the playoffs, with or without Tony. However, correlation does not equal causation. If Tony comes back, the Sox aren't going to magically collapse because of him. If he comes back and they win the whole thing, it's also not all because of Tony. 

This org/team has many facets that deserve praise or scorn for winning or losing and Tony gets an undeserving amount of the scorn in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

I couldn't care less if the manager is Tony, Cairo, Ozzie, Aj Pierzynski, etc. If Tony is gone next season, fine by me.

I dont think Tony has done a particularly "good" job as Sox manager. He hasn't done anything to push them over the top. 

However. I think the notion that he is fully responsible for the team's struggles this year is beyond ridiculous. There are plenty of reasons the Sox have struggled and they don't fall squarely on Tony's shoulders. Should the Sox fail to do anything special this season and Tony is fired/retired then so be it. That's sports. Mangers and coaches get the axe all the time.

The majority of the fanbase had their mind made up about Tony the moment he was hired. They didn't like him. Whether it was for being too old, being drunk, or being "racist". People didn't like him and the team sucking the majority of this season was validation for their predetermined disdain for Tony.

Tony got pretty much all he could out of the roster last season. Pitching fell apart and the Stros were the better team. Tip your cap.

This season has been a huge disappointment. And the current hot steak without Tony has been fun and I hope it continues all the way through the playoffs, with or without Tony. However, correlation does not equal causation. If Tony comes back, the Sox aren't going to magically collapse because of him. If he comes back and they win the whole thing, it's also not all because of Tony. 

This org/team has many facets that deserve praise or scorn for winning or losing and Tony gets an undeserving amount of the scorn in my opinion.

Who has said that? Who has said Tony LaRussa is fully responsible for the team's struggles this year? There is literally a thread directly under this one titled "Fire Rick Hahn" with over 375+ responses, along with countless threads on Jerry, Menechino and really anyone else associated with this organization. 

Additionally, when you mention that "he majority of the fanbase had their mind made up about Tony the moment he was hired.." you fail to mention the main reason people were actually against the move. He hadn't managed in a decade when brought back to the Sox, and in 2020 did an interview Graham Bensinger where he said "Observational analytics are being disrespected....percentages don't really take into account the head, the heart and the guts of a player that day, so there are times I'd like to get back and help correct the balance." That was troubling for many reasons, and gave fans major concern in 2021 given the success franchises have had in installing advanced analytics. 

Any by your own account, you "dont think Tony has done a particularly "good" job as Sox manager."

So what is the crusade you are going on? You think people don't like him and are rooting against him because of his politics and his age? Really? You don't think fans would look past that if this team was 12 games up on the Twins right now? 

You're full of s%*#. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Who has said that? Who has said Tony LaRussa is fully responsible for the team's struggles this year? There is literally a thread directly under this one titled "Fire Rick Hahn" with over 375+ responses, along with countless threads on Jerry, Menechino and really anyone else associated with this organization. 

Additionally, when you mention that "he majority of the fanbase had their mind made up about Tony the moment he was hired.." you fail to mention the main reason people were actually against the move. He hadn't managed in a decade when brought back to the Sox, and in 2020 did an interview Graham Bensinger where he said "Observational analytics are being disrespected....percentages don't really take into account the head, the heart and the guts of a player that day, so there are times I'd like to get back and help correct the balance." That was troubling for many reasons, and gave fans major concern in 2021 given the success franchises have had in installing advanced analytics. 

Any by your own account, you "dont think Tony has done a particularly "good" job as Sox manager."

So what is the crusade you are going on? You think people don't like him and are rooting against him because of his politics and his age? Really? You don't think fans would look past that if this team was 12 games up on the Twins right now? 

You're full of s%*#. 

Everyone acting like the Sox are fixed again because Tony is gone is a pretty clear indication they think he's the one and only problem. They literally think we are hitting more home runs because Tony left the team lol.

Edited by KrankinSox
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Everyone acting like the Sox are fixed again because Tony is gone is a pretty clear indication they think he's the one and only problem. They literally think we are hitting more home runs because Tony left the team lol.

So no one has said what you claimed, got it. So there is no data behind your claim, but almost like “observational analytics” right? 

For someone you don’t think has done a very good job with the Sox, seems like a weird hill to die on. But knock yourself out. 

• Haha 2

• Quin changed the title to TLR out for the year