TLR out for the year

chw42

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

So no one has said what you claimed, got it. So there is no data behind your claim, but almost like “observational analytics” right? 

For someone you don’t think has done a very good job with the Sox, seems like a weird hill to die on. But knock yourself out. 

One more thing on this topic.

Is calling me "full of s%*#" considered a personal attack?

I've been told that personal attacks are a no-no. Please review the board rules. Also, there is someone talking politics in the game thread. Slap a ban on him, please!

Rules are rules.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It also didn't help that TLR'S DUI came out after he was hired and apparently JR knew about it, told no one...not even his G.M.

That was a very bad, ugly start to the entire situation over and above the fact that seemingly no one in the front office wanted him and were caught with their pants down when he was hired. Remember the social media graphic welcoming TLR but with A.J. Hinch's signature? 

1 hour ago, KrankinSox said:

One more thing on this topic.

Is calling me "full of s%*#" considered a personal attack?

I've been told that personal attacks are a no-no. Please review the board rules. Also, there is someone talking politics in the game thread. Slap a ban on him, please!

Rules are rules.

Report it to mods. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I don’t know how this is going to end up but the idea that a head coach could be this much of a drag on a baseball team is just remarkable.

The Phillies were 7 under when they canned Girardi this year. He's had a nice managerial career. They are 21 over with his bench coach. Maybe it's coincidence and they were about to get hot. Maybe it is coincidence and the Sox were about to play better under Tony, but I wouldn't take the chance to find out. Tell Tony to stay in AZ.

Kaplan made it seem Tony is coming back on Tuesday. If the Sox aee a game out of first or better,  and start losing again on Tuesday, I don't think this franchise would recover from that until everyone you could give 1/1000th percent responsibility was gone.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Thanks 1

Exactly right in that we see the Phillies this year.  It is right in front of everyone.  It is time to move on.  Cairo has been what exactly what is needed and if Tony comes back I am done.  I was ok with the hiring but it has failed.  Hell we even see Jerry Narron in the dugout now.  I think he is the acting bench coach.

I have three renewal emails from the White Sox......this move will determine my decision, including dropping the playoff money down.

I don't know why they are playing better but they are so don't change it.

9 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

I couldn't care less if the manager is Tony, Cairo, Ozzie, Aj Pierzynski, etc. If Tony is gone next season, fine by me.

I dont think Tony has done a particularly "good" job as Sox manager. He hasn't done anything to push them over the top. 

However. I think the notion that he is fully responsible for the team's struggles this year is beyond ridiculous. There are plenty of reasons the Sox have struggled and they don't fall squarely on Tony's shoulders. Should the Sox fail to do anything special this season and Tony is fired/retired then so be it. That's sports. Mangers and coaches get the axe all the time.

The majority of the fanbase had their mind made up about Tony the moment he was hired. They didn't like him. Whether it was for being too old, being drunk, or being "racist". People didn't like him and the team sucking the majority of this season was validation for their predetermined disdain for Tony.

Tony got pretty much all he could out of the roster last season. Pitching fell apart and the Stros were the better team. Tip your cap.

This season has been a huge disappointment. And the current hot steak without Tony has been fun and I hope it continues all the way through the playoffs, with or without Tony. However, correlation does not equal causation. If Tony comes back, the Sox aren't going to magically collapse because of him. If he comes back and they win the whole thing, it's also not all because of Tony. 

This org/team has many facets that deserve praise or scorn for winning or losing and Tony gets an undeserving amount of the scorn in my opinion.

You should post like this and ditch the boring trolling.  Imo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

The Phillies were 7 under when they canned Girardi this year. He's had a nice managerial career. They are 21 over with his bench coach. Maybe it's coincidence and they were about to get hot. Maybe it is coincidence and the Sox were about to play better under Tony, but I wouldn't take the chance to find out. Tell Tony to stay in AZ.

Kaplan made it seem Tony is coming back on Tuesday. If the Sox aee a game out of first or better,  and start losing again on Tuesday, I don't think this franchise would recover from that until everyone you could give 1/1000th percent responsibility was gone.

Amazing in pro sports when an owner steps out of their boundaries and it's lasting impression.  

20 hours ago, Markbilliards said:

Teams can look very different when a manager leaves. I have always thought its stupid to fire a manager in the offseason. There have been a lot of teams that all of a sudden play way better when a new manager comes in mid-season.

One year they put me in charge of the Halloween candy at work and everything disappeared without a trace. Never would have happened under Miguel Cairo's watch. 

55 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Amazing in pro sports when an owner steps out of their boundaries and it's lasting impression.  

Like deciding to listen to Jabba-the-Hut about rebuilding the Bulls during a championship run with the best player in NBA history? 

Jerry Reinsdorf, smartest guy in the room since 1981

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Tony claimed each year he meets with the players and if they don’t want him back, he doesn’t return. Cut to the chase and players must tell Tony don’t return now, motherfucker, when they see him tonight or tomorrow.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

JFC Bruce Levine cannot carry more water for TLR coming back and Cairo having little impact on the club / it’s due to the players actually breaking out of season long slumps….blah blah blah blah blah. 

There are few people on Earth less qualified to continue working than Tony, but this worthless crony hack is one of them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

JFC Bruce Levine cannot carry more water for TLR coming back and Cairo having little impact on the club / it’s due to the players actually breaking out of season long slumps….blah blah blah blah blah. 

Bruce Levine is clueless and a loser! He has zero creditability with me and probably most people.

• Thanks 1

I am so sick and tired of this TLR wants back. 

Forget all the other logical reasons Jerry shouldn't bring him back and think of only Tony's actual long term health.

If indeed TLR has some heart issues from the stress of this job and his age and if Jerry truly was his friend, then why in the hell would this idiot owner allow TLR to come back? Obviously we don't know the issues since the Sox FO won't share any information like most non-dysfunctional clubs do, but I would think the last thing a buddy would want to do, is bring his buddy back and cause more stress that could perhaps send him back to the hospital. A real friend would never do that, unless he just wants to be the ignorant and stubborn demented owner that he is.

IMHO LaRussa lost the team in the second half last year with his bizarre managerial decisions and insistence of resting players when they needed no rest, there was no continuity in the lineups, MLB is played just about everyday for 6 months and players like to be in a comfort zone, TLR I guess doesn't believe this maybe because he was such a lousy ballplayer and never played on a regular basis. The only guy he didn't mess with was Abreu. 

• Like 2

• Quin changed the title to TLR out for the year