TLR out for the year

chw42

4 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Thinking about why JR overstepped Hahn in hiring Hinch may have been because Hinch wanted to hire his own coaching staff, which is something no Sox manager has ever been able to do.  

Pretty sure Jerry offered the job to Tony and he accepted in the Spring or Summer. Jerry told no one else until October, also told no one else about Tony’s DUI, also reported by Bob Nightengale.

Jerry did tell his media hacks (Stone, Garfine, Ozzie, others) to go after Ricky to set the stage for a transition.

• Like 1

According to the press release, he is being excused from managing the rest of the season because of a health issue, which apparently is pretty dire.

Ok fair enough, but why hasn’t the team announced exactly *what* the heath issue is? Granted, he is entitled to his privacy but still…

All said, I could care less whether it’s an authentic health issue or an excuse to allow him an easy exit. My beef is that  the FO itself is still there.

14 hours ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

While I don't blame the Clevelanders one bit for this, or the "f*** the white sox" chant they also did during the celebration, I just wanted to stop in and say "fu*k you!" to Josh Naylor.  I really dislike that dude.  Sox should have hit him in the upper regions after that douchey mocking hand gesture BS he did the other day.  Yeah, Tribe came in and embarrassed the Sox.  Naylor owned us this year.  But don't let that hothead walk all over you.  

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Realized this today...

Season ends on Wednesday October 5. 

if they don't announce a coaching search/retirement on October 6th or 7th, that means they're going to at least wait and see if LaRussa is healthy enough to do it.

So end of next week, we'll know. 

Why's that? 

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Realized this today...

Season ends on Wednesday October 5. 

if they don't announce a coaching search/retirement on October 6th or 7th, that means they're going to at least wait and see if LaRussa is healthy enough to do it.

So end of next week, we'll know. 

I don’t know how they can bring back TLR after all this. That would be a major slap in the face to the fanbase. 

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Had a member of the mainstream Chicago media e-mail me last night and say the Sox have become the laughingstock of baseball.

I'm not surprised at this. This season was an absolute joke. It is one thing to be a disappointment. It is another to embarrass yourselves and your fans with the nonsense of the 2022 season.  This is a new low for the franchise. I wonder if anyone in the FO realizes it. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

The normal schedule would be to do a coaching search during October, right? Have a coach lined up in November before free agency starts? 

Sure, I just don't know it necessarily boils down to those 2 days unless there is something I am missing.  Of course, the sooner they make the announcement the better.   

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

I don’t know how they can bring back TLR after all this. That would be a major slap in the face to the fanbase. 

I know exactly how it could happen, JR says it is happening so it happens. 

I don't see how that is a bigger slap in the face to the fanbase than bringing him in originally and then trying to cover up the DUI.

47 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

While I don't blame the Clevelanders one bit for this, or the "f*** the white sox" chant they also did during the celebration, I just wanted to stop in and say "fu*k you!" to Josh Naylor.  I really dislike that dude.  Sox should have hit him in the upper regions after that douchey mocking hand gesture BS he did the other day.  Yeah, Tribe came in and embarrassed the Sox.  Naylor owned us this year.  But don't let that hothead walk all over you.  

That's probably Naylor screaming that s%*# in the background lmao

Personally, I blame the Sox fans for constantly calling Naylor fat and hyping him up in that 6 run blow-up.