Jump to content

TLR out for the year


chw42
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

The normal schedule would be to do a coaching search during October, right? Have a coach lined up in November before free agency starts? 

Depends on who they want to talk to.  If they just give the job to TLR or Cairo, no reason not to announce it right away.  But if they are planning on interviewing external candidates they really can't do much until the playoffs are over.  And if Hahn is going everything get pushed back farther.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ThirdGen said:

Depends on who they want to talk to.  If they just give the job to TLR or Cairo, no reason not to announce it right away.  But if they are planning on interviewing external candidates they really can't do much until the playoffs are over.  And if Hahn is going everything get pushed back farther.

They're not going to interview external candidates if Tony laRussa is expected to manage again. 

If they know he's not going to be able to, or they know they're going to replace him, then they'll announce he's retiring and get on it.

If they don't announce anything, it's because they're going to try to bring him back depending on his health. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Had a member of the mainstream Chicago media e-mail me last night and say the Sox have become the laughingstock of baseball.

Yep,  Those with the make believe Sox-Cub rivalry should apologize to Cub fans for ridiculing their organization.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Wonder what the reaction would be if TLR was brought back to manage the White Sox in 2023.

Maybe they’ll finally just hire you and you can make that choice. Instead of writing more letters I think it’s time to go camp out in front of Gate 4.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Maybe they’ll finally just hire you and you can make that choice. Instead of writing more letters I think it’s time to go camp out in front of Gate 4.

JR doesn't respond to my letters anymore. Its really a shame  because I've really  had some good ideas for  the franchise.  He knows who I am. I've talked to him a few times at Soxfest. He simply won't respond to me anymore.  Being a season ticket holder you would think I would get some type of respnse from him but thats not the case anymore.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

JR doesn't respond to my letters anymore. Its really a shame  because I've really  had some good ideas for  the franchise.  He knows who I am. I've talked to him a few times at Soxfest. He simply won't respond to me anymore.  Being a season ticket holder you would think I would get some type of respnse from him but thats not the case anymore.

Yea I recall. If he had allowed you a GM position my guess is their team record would have been as good or better than it has been…

That could also be said if they appointed a monkey who made decisions based on randomly picking up a banana with potential free agent names on them too though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Yea I recall. If he had allowed you a GM position my guess is their team record would have been as good or better than it has been…

That could also be said if they appointed a monkey who made decisions based on randomly picking up a banana with potential free agent names on them too though.

I don't think there's any way possible a monkey picking random bananas could have done worse than Rick Hahn did this past offseason. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

I don't think there's any way possible a monkey picking random bananas could have done worse than Rick Hahn did this past offseason. 

Exactly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really don’t see Tony returning. So the real question is whether Hahn and Kw are back or if only one of them are back. I think 95%+ no Tony, 75%+ odds brand new mgr (ie no Cairo), 30% one of KW/RH gone, 10% all of the above are gone. 
 

That to me is what we watch for and the intrigue of the offseason significantly increases as more change happens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...