Will Giolito be non-tendered this offseason?

ron883

Will Giolito be non-tendered this offseason?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Will Giolito be non-tendered this offseason?

• Non-tendered - He Gawn
    • Sox will keep him

He'll still be here until he pitches 3-4 good starts in a row next year. He's just lost his confidence. Gio might

be too smart for his own good. Yogi used to say "quit thinkin', you're hurting the team. Not to change the subject, but

Dylan Cease has a big write up today on 538.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

stop looking at era

The higher it is the more success of lowering it pitching to the Sox.

I think you have to keep Gio unless you have a replacement.  Pitching is expensive and so is bad pitching.   No NL arms unless it's Rodon who has pitched in the AL.   

3 hours ago, JoeCredeYes said:

No logical reason to non-tender him so I'll vote no, however there was really no logical reason to not extend Rodon the QO so I wouldn't put it past this FO.  Curious what his arb number will be after this disaster of a season for him.  

Berrios is the very worst lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

What’s with everyone thinking we can trade our absolute worst performing players for anything worthwhile?

Someone would absolutely take a gamble on Giolito's salary for a minimal player return/bag of balls this offseason. That's quite different from saying he currently could be traded for something worthwhile. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Someone would absolutely take a gamble on Giolito's salary for a minimal player return/bag of balls this offseason. That's quite different from saying he currently could be traded for something worthwhile. 

How about a Giolito for Bellinger swap

38 minutes ago, fathom said:

How about a Giolito for Bellinger swap

You realize this would add what, $12 million to the White Sox's payroll? Give or take arb numbers? Bellinger $17 million this year, Giolito $7.4 million - next years arb numbers maybe $20 million and $8 million? So congratulations the White Sox now have $8 million to find a mid-rotation starter. 

21 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Zero chance he’s non-tendered.

True stupidest thing I ever read. You don't non tender a guy because of 1 bad year when pitching is so expensive, 2019 6th in Cy Young Voting, 2020 7th , 2021 11th.

He's had some health issues related to Covid and a bad virus a couple of starts after he came back from his 2nd bout with Covid.

He pitched well before and the 2 starts after Covid.

Do you all remember how much he was sweating out on the mound In June ? That's when he was sick with a virus that was kicking his ass.

22 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

You realize this would add what, $12 million to the White Sox's payroll? Give or take arb numbers? Bellinger $17 million this year, Giolito $7.4 million - next years arb numbers maybe $20 million and $8 million? So congratulations the White Sox now have $8 million to find a mid-rotation starter. 

They have shown interest in Bellinger during the offseason and at the deadline. I get the money difference but I also know how dumb the organization can be.

14 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

True stupidest thing I ever read. You don't non tender a guy because of 1 bad year when pitching is so expensive, 2019 6th in Cy Young Voting, 2020 7th , 2021 11th.

He's had some health issues related to Covid and a bad virus a couple of starts after he came back from his 2nd bout with Covid.

He pitched well before and the 2 starts after Covid.

Do you all remember how much he was sweating out on the mound In June ? That's when he was sick with a virus that was kicking his ass.

He’s also going to get like $8M in arbitration which is basically nothing when someone who has accomplished nothing like VV will get $4M.