That's a White Sox winner !

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Nice for those among the 17,168 of the announced attendance who went to the park tonight.

Lynn is giving some optimism for being an asset in 2023. Team seemed settled down and focused after what had to be a wild day yesterday. Glad they are working through this together, seeing that the Front Office is not there to support the team or even speak on behalf of the organization.

• Hawk 1

35 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Nice for those among the 17,168 of the announced attendance who went to the park tonight.

Lynn is giving some optimism for being an asset in 2023. Team seemed settled down and focused after what had to be a wild day yesterday. Glad they are working through this together, seeing that the Front Office is not there to support the team or even speak on behalf of the organization.

You deserve credit for optimism. Lynn's ERA is 4.75 I think. He's another guy who needs to move on at the age of 35. Sox are 5 games back which are way too many on Sept. 1. The team would have to awaken and win a boatload of games the final month to take the division. 

I wonder if Hahn has a plan for next year and the future. You'd think he should build around Tim, Eloy, Robert, Abreu, Cease, Kopech and Vaughn and do what it takes to get way better players around them. Only problem there is because of injuries u can't count on Robert, Eloy or Tim. It really is time to give it to another GM unless Hahn has a plan that makes sense. Team has a lot of work to do to become a contender. ... His quest to start the offseason would be to find a way to get rid of Moncada for starters as well as Grandal, Harrison and Pollock.

Edited by greg775
  • Hawk 1

I am going to another game this year, maybe my last one. I always enjoyed going to games in the Fall when you can roam around the park, sit in empty seats anywhere you want , and enjoy the sights and sounds that sometimes get drowned out by the crowd.  Back in the day we would smoke on the cat walk behind the scoreboard at the old yard.  Good memories that I will take with me. .

• Like 1
  • Hawk 2

14 minutes ago, tray said:

I am going to another game this year, maybe my last one. I always enjoyed going to games in the Fall when you can roam around the park, sit in empty seats anywhere you want , and enjoy the sights and sounds that sometimes get drowned out by the crowd.  Back in the day we would smoke on the cat walk behind the scoreboard at the old yard.  Good memories that I will take with me. .

29 minutes ago, tray said:

Enjoy the time you have left.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Meh. Just boredom, more than anything. This season is over. Their wins now mean nothing.

SO your boredom includes shitting on those of us who still like watching our team win or the simple pleasure a dying man (not me) derives from watching his team and reminiscing about the pleasure baseball has brought him. Classy.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

SO your boredom includes shitting on those of us who still like watching our team win or the simple pleasure a dying man (not me) derives from watching his team and reminiscing about the pleasure baseball has brought him. Classy.

I'm not shitting on anyone, Mr. Sensitive. I'm voicing my opinion. You know, the entire purpose of a message board? I couldn't care less about a meaningless win here and there with how badly this team has shit down it's leg all season, and I'm not alone. All wins are doing at this point is making their draft position in a wasted season worse.

45 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

I'm not shitting on anyone, Mr. Sensitive. I'm voicing my opinion. You know, the entire purpose of a message board? I couldn't care less about a meaningless win here and there with how badly this team has shit down it's leg all season, and I'm not alone. All wins are doing at this point is making their draft position in a wasted season worse.

You asked who cares? Guess what? People care about the Sox . Winner's threads are to celebrate things that go well.

Cheering for losses means you are cheering for the current players to do bad. I know others want to lose because it'll maybe get TLR and Hahn and all those who should've been fired long ago fired.

I want the players to do good. Finishing strong will make players worth more in trades and trades may be the only way to fix the mess the team is in. Major league players are worth more than unknown draft picks.

If Grandal can finish strong I get some hope that while he may not be a very good MLB player any more he might not be a total waste of money.

If Eloy doesn't get injured the rest of the season I can hope he might do that for a whole season next year.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Find another outlet for your frustration instead of antagonizing fellow SoxTalk members. 
Avoid threads that you don't like and be a contributor on those you do like. Simple.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RibbieRubarb said:

The only way there were 17,168 people at the park is if it was "Come Dressed as a Green Seat Day".

23 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, emphasis on "announced". Far more actual people last night than this afternoon, which looked to be in the 3,000-4,000 range watching on YouTube.

The announced attendance today was 15,257, 7th lowest this year.  Lower were five April and one May weekday game vs. the Angels in 51 F weather.

2019 Attendance 1,649,775 / 77 Dates = 21,426 per gate admittance (3 dates DHs without separate admissions, one game cancelled and not played).

2022 Attendance 1,641,402 / 67 games = 24,499 per gate admittance (This average will likely decrease the final month / 14 games, with two home weekends remaining on the schedule). 

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1