9/2 GT: Sox v. Twinkies 710CT - A new leaf turned?

ChiSox59

Hopefully the White Sox can make it two wins in a row and also gain a game in the standings with a Cleveland loss to the Orioles. If TLR was the cause of any dissension in the clubhouse among the players, then perhaps with him out they will start to play their best baseball of the season. I realize that is very doubtful the White Sox all of a sudden catch fire but if the turmoil of this year was mainly about TLR, it's a great opportunity for this team to come together and play inspired baseball for a change.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Hahaha, I nailed it.  God forbid we give a guy in Mark Payton who has done nothing but earn it in AAA, in order to save the 40 man roster spot of 2-3 relievers who will never step foot in the Chicago clubhouse again.  Fucking unbelievable.

I am sure Payton would suck, but we already know Haseley sucks and Payton has measurably outplayed him in AAA.  

In any event, Haseley goes right back to Charlotte on Monday when Yoan returns.   

Payton has earned a promotion.   It's a bad message to send down to your farm when you refuse to promote, all because you want to hoard bad players on a 40 man roster. 

Edited by HOFHurt35
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Some have blamed Tony for their dead men bench rosters, but he is in Arizona and Hahn is hiding somewhere making (or not making) these moves.

The entire approach to building the team, really starting last deadline with the Madrigal trade, has been unorganized and haphazard.

• Hawk 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The entire approach to building the team, really starting last deadline with the Madrigal trade, has been unorganized and haphazard.

Oh lets not pretend that this is sudden or new for these folks. Am I the only one who recalls the White Sox having Omar Narvaez and Kevan Smith on their roster and then a week later having no catchers but an expensive closer? McCann worked out great as a signing, but having to go sign a catcher because you needed a pricey closer is sorta the definition of unorganized and haphazard. 

• Hawk 1

Hanging curve ball over the plate and Vaughn with a solid single to RF. Announcers praise him for a simple approach and not trying to do to much - but damn, I'd trade 2 or 3 singles like that for him pulling that ball over the LF wall. That was a ball that could be hammered. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Hanging curve ball over the plate and Vaughn with a solid single to RF. Announcers praise him for a simple approach and not trying to do to much - but damn, I'd trade 2 or 3 singles like that for him pulling that ball over the LF wall. That was a ball that could be hammered. 

I was thinking the same thing.  That was a hanger that an elite hitter would have crushed for a HR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

He will. What he did was still a solid approach.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The catcher in LF looks better fielding than anyone the Sox have.

First game I'm watching this season, glad Len and DJ are on instead of the other two.

Forgot you could switch the audio to the radio guys. Thanks for the reminder.