9/2 GT: Sox v. Twinkies 710CT - A new leaf turned?

ChiSox59

42 minutes ago, Bossanoveralls said:

Day off with pay.

Fresh squoze lemonade very lightly sweetened with honey. Very tangy.

Pitcher of unsweetened sun tea.

Arnold Palmers and White Sox baseball.

Oh for the Swedish Bikini Team.

😎

I opted for a WCIPA collaboration between Alesmith out of San Diego and Revision out of Reno, poured into a Harry Caray memorial pint glass.

IMG-1399-1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I'm guessing 1/$10.

I'd take that deal on Cueto in a heartbeat. He's one of those guys that just knows how to pitch and can be the difference on a contending team... whether or not we look like a potential contender next season remains to be seen.

Just now, DashFan said:

I'd take that deal on Cueto in a heartbeat. He's one of those guys that just knows how to pitch and can be the difference on a contending team... whether or not we look like a potential contender next season remains to be seen.

Here's the thing, the White Sox might have $20 million total to spend next year including Abreu. So it might be impossible to sign Cueto if Abreu comes back, and it would probably be impossible to add a starting OF with the little bit of money remaining. 

1 hour ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Payton has earned a promotion.   It's a bad message to send down to your farm when you refuse to promote, all because you want to hoard bad players on a 40 man roster. 

He sure has.  Payton actually has an option too.  I was thinking maybe they went with Haseley since he can be optioned and they're just going to return him to AAA when Yoan returns, and perhaps if a need arises in the OF later in the month they'd go with Payton.  In that case wouldn't make much sense to bring up Payton for 1 start or something over the next 4 games and then DFA on Monday.  But nope.  

Not that DFAing Payton is some loss; there is basically no chance he is in this org next season.  I am sure he'd suck if given another big league chance.  But as you said, why would a solid AAAA player sign with the Sox if they do nothing but earn a spot all season in AAA and still don't get the call in order to hoard guys on the 40 man that are certain to be removed in November?  Hard to make it make sense.