9/2 GT: Sox v. Twinkies 710CT - A new leaf turned?

ChiSox59

Wasn’t it public knowledge that Eloy was going to have periods of leg soreness after he tore his hamstring??

Not sure why all the hate for a guy who’s been decent since the all star break and this also happened a couple of weeks ago and he was in the lineup the next day. Let’s just see if he’s in the lineup tomorrow. Without him, this lineup is truly pedestrian.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

I watched the 2020 playoff highlights today. Two things….Eloy has put on a ton of weight and screw Madrigal for choking in game 2

Some of the Chicago writers have told me the same thing, Eloy is a LOT heavier. Wonder if he's turning into Avasail Garcia, a guy who publicly admitted he didn't keep himself in the best of shape when he was with the Sox.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Some of the Chicago writers have told me the same thing, Eloy is a LOT heavier. Wonder if he's turning into Avasail Garcia, a guy who publicly admitted he didn't keep himself in the best of shape when he was with the Sox.

I am really not an Eloy aplologist. I said in an earlier post that Eloy needed a treadmill. But, hey, the guy has had a terrible two years of health and I am willing to cut him some slack. Get to the off-season, get in shape but I will be right with the ‘time to move on’ crowd if he comes in next year in the same shape.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

But don't you dare say he's "INJURY PRONE" to Rick Hahn, he's libel to throw another hissy-fit like he did before!

Believe me when I say Rick Hahn and his hissy fits are the last thing on Earth I fear, and I’ll tell it to him in person when he comes out to see his shadow on February 2, 2023.

2 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ixab5vkw4l5ngiq2yl

Potentially eliminated 33% of the deficit in 6% of the games remaining….crazier things have happened. I told myself I wouldn’t let them pull me back in but another 1 or 2 in a row and I got not shot. 

• Hawk 1

5 hours ago, JoshPR said:

Do I gotta watch these 2 jabronis Yonder and this other jabroni?

Yonder was positive on the Sox, actually predicting that we would make the playoffs. Said Cueto was friendly to him while with the Reds and invited him to his home for BBQs.  Also said Leury was one of his favorite Sox players, always ready to play any position with eight gloves in his locker.  Some tid bits.

Edited by hankchifan
Additional comment.

Interested post game comments from Pollock:

“It’s been frustrating this year,” Pollock said. “We’ve had times where we had a lot of meetings and it really just comes down to us. It was good to get the guys together. We had some guys speak their mind a little bit. We’re going to get after it and see what happens the last 30-whatever games.”

I wonder how many meetings they've had? Only two that I know of were reported by the media.

Remember what Ozzie said one time, "Good teams win games...bad teams have meetings..."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I watched the 2020 playoff highlights today. Two things….Eloy has put on a ton of weight and screw Madrigal for choking in game 2

Jose used to run him around the block at 5 am during ST. Need to keep that going. Eloy needs to stay in shape. 

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

Yonder was positive on the Sox, actually predicting that we would make the playoffs. Said Cueto was friendly to him while with the Reds and invited him to his home for BBQs.  Also said Leury was one of his favorite Sox players, always ready to play any position with eight gloves in his locker.  Some tid bits.

I don't doubt that. But it was just tedious to be honest