And that’s the craziest Winner of the year!

Chicago White Sox

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Sox are four out in the loss column. Still a monumental task for a team that STILL is right at .500.

With Tony gone the team has a chance but not a good chance. Four in the loss column is a lot especially for a .500 team.

But now that Tony is gone they’re a .800 team. 😆

• TLR 1

7 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Cleveland plays KC 9 times. We do get 4 games against them which we have to go 3 out of 4

True but Cleveland also plays 8 games against Minnesota this month. Those two gonna beat up on each a bit. Also, I agree that the Sox have to win 3/4 against Cleveland to have a shot.

8 hours ago, Highland said:

For the first time, there is some life in this team. Usually, .500 this time of year gets a team nothing, but this is the AL Central. Maybe that meeting helped. 

I said August 9 there was a good chance 78-80 wins takes this division. It looks even better today than when I said it,

I'm bumping up the Sox chances with Tony hopefully gone the remainder of the season. If he returns, I expect the record laid out below to suffer. Miguel's main challenge is to avoid the forever worthless / sabotaging Rick Hahn the remaining four weeks to create the best lineups possible. If Hahn continues to meddle like he did last night demanding Joe Kelly start the game and immediately put the Sox in a 2-0 deficit. This was the same exact pathetic bullshit he pulled in the losing Game 3 in Oakland in 2020. Rick Hahn is far worse than Tony La Russa, and needs to stay out of White Sox business beyond sabotaging and destroying their 26 and 40 man rosters. Thankfully he by and large can't ruin the roster further until the playoffs begin.

The nine games between Cleveland and Kansas City, and the eight games between Minnesota and Cleveland are the keys to the division. The Sox can sneak in there if they can somehow beat Cleveland and Minnesota better than the 6-6 laid out below, and the Cleveland Kansas City / Minnesota series end up in a wash or slight Cleveland deficit. Anaheim has a 4-0 and 2-1 advantage over Cleveland and Minnesota, respectively, so the Sox need them to continue to show up in their final two series. Perhaps San Diego will be resting when the Sox visit the final week, which will help as well.

Current expectations, with Plesac and Civale likely out the season.

Cleveland 82 Wins: 1-1 Seattle; 4-5 Kansas City; 4-4 Minnesota; 1-2 vs. Anaheim; 2-2 Chicago; 1-2 @ Texas; 1-2 vs. Tampa Bay

White Sox 81 Wins: 4-4 Minnesota; 1-2 @ Seattle; 2-2 @ Oakland; 1-1 vs. Colorado; 2-2 Cleveland; 4-2 Detroit; 1-2 San Diego

Minnesota 80 Wins: 4-4 Chicago; 1-3 @ New York A. L.; 4-4 Cleveland; 2-4 Kansas City; 1-2 vs. Anaheim; 1-2 @ Detroit.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

26 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I said August 9 there was a good chance 78-80 wins takes this division. It looks even better today than when I said it,

I'm bumping up the Sox chances with Tony hopefully gone the remainder of the season. If he returns, I expect the record laid out below to suffer. Miguel's main challenge is to avoid the forever worthless / sabotaging Rick Hahn the remaining four weeks to create the best lineups possible. If Hahn continues to meddle like he did last night demanding Joe Kelly start the game and immediately put the Sox in a 2-0 deficit. This was the same exact pathetic bullshit he pulled in the losing Game 3 in Oakland in 2020. Rick Hahn is far worse than Tony La Russa, and needs to stay out of White Sox business beyond sabotaging and destroying their 26 and 40 man rosters. Thankfully he by and large can't ruin the roster further until the playoffs begin.

The nine games between Cleveland and Kansas City, and the eight games between Minnesota and Cleveland are the keys to the division. The Sox can sneak in there if they can somehow beat Cleveland and Minnesota better than the 6-6 laid out below, and the Cleveland Kansas City / Minnesota series end up in a wash or slight Cleveland deficit. Anaheim has a 4-0 and 2-1 advantage over Cleveland and Minnesota, respectively, so the Sox need them to continue to show up in their final two series. Perhaps San Diego will be resting when the Sox visit the final week, which will help as well.

Cleveland 82 Wins: 1-1 Seattle; 4-5 Kansas City; 4-4 Minnesota; 1-2 vs. Anaheim; 2-2 Chicago; 1-2 @ Texas; 1-2 vs. Tampa Bay

White Sox 81 Wins: 4-4 Minnesota; 1-2 @ Seattle; 2-2 @ Oakland; 1-1 vs. Colorado; 2-2 Cleveland; 4-2 Detroit; 1-2 San Diego

Minnesota 80 Wins: 4-4 Chicago; 1-3 @ New York A. L.; 4-4 Cleveland; 2-4 Kansas City; 1-2 vs. Anaheim; 1-2 @ Detroit.

I think the Sox need to win 85 games to win the division and they need to win 3/4 when they play Cleveland. Cleveland isn’t losing 5 of their remaining 9 games to KC. The Sox also need to win 5 of the next 8 against Minnesota. That way they will hold the tiebreaker on the Twins.

8 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I think the Sox need to win 85 games to win the division and they need to win 3/4 when they play Cleveland. Cleveland isn’t losing 5 of their remaining 9 games to KC. The Sox also need to win 5 of the next 8 against Minnesota. That way they will hold the tiebreaker on the Twins.

Cleveland's current rotation:

1. Shane Bieber (8-8)
  2. Triston McKenzie (9-11)
  3. Cal Quantrill (11-5)
  4. Xzavion Curry (0-0)
  5. Cody Morris (0-1)

• Texsox changed the title to And that’s the craziest Winner of the year!
19 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

f*** you Lopez you whiney ass b****!

Yeah f*** his b**** ass!

19 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh f*** replay

I didn’t see the winning fielders choice live, but did the ball get hit too slowly or too fast off of the mound for them to turn two?

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 5:19 AM, South Side Hit Men said:

You're going to have to show me where someone besides you said Hahn demanded starting Kelly. I think Hahn is a boob but let's stick to the facts shall we ?

I remember a Vinny Duber tweet that said  Cairo, Katz and the front office all agreed on starting Kelly. Do you have something that can contradict that ?

15 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You're going to have to show me where someone besides you said Hahn demanded starting Kelly. I think Hahn is a boob but let's stick to the facts shall we ?

I remember a Vinny Duber tweet that said  Cairo, Katz and the front office all agreed on starting Kelly. Do you have something that can contradict that ?

Hahn is the GM, the other two your trying to pin part or most of the blame are multiple levels lower on the org chart. What organizations have you ever worked in where that would fly?

Your boy Hahn also said he Kenny and Jerry "all agreed" to hire Tony Fucking La Russa. So let's stick with facts and common sense, and not deflect every single horseshit move Hahn has made that was either deflected to Kenny and Jerry, or to Tony and now his sycophants are drilling two levels down in the org chart.

Hahn also came up with the horseshit opener idea for Game 3 in Oakland, and Ricky Renteria took all the blame where the blame should have resided with worthless Rick Hahn for not having more than 1 good starter (plus his shitty Keuchel signing), and then his horseshit opener idea.

Hahn also shoved Rodon to the bullpen down Rick Renteria's throat the final week, and it cost the Sox the division. Of course he could have actually acquired starting pitching help with the Sox' excellent 2020 start, but what did he do? Trade for worthless Jarrod Dyson, sending, wait for it, international bonus money.

On 9/4/2022 at 10:36 PM, South Side Hit Men said:

Hahn is the GM, the other two your trying to pin part or most of the blame are multiple levels lower on the org chart. What organizations have you ever worked in where that would fly?

Your boy Hahn also said he Kenny and Jerry "all agreed" to hire Tony Fucking La Russa. So let's stick with facts and common sense, and not deflect every single horseshit move Hahn has made that was either deflected to Kenny and Jerry, or to Tony and now his sycophants are drilling two levels down in the org chart.

Hahn also came up with the horseshit opener idea for Game 3 in Oakland, and Ricky Renteria took all the blame where the blame should have resided with worthless Rick Hahn for not having more than 1 good starter (plus his shitty Keuchel signing), and then his horseshit opener idea.

Hahn also shoved Rodon to the bullpen down Rick Renteria's throat the final week, and it cost the Sox the division. Of course he could have actually acquired starting pitching help with the Sox' excellent 2020 start, but what did he do? Trade for worthless Jarrod Dyson, sending, wait for it, international bonus money.

See you always go off the rails on a rant. I asked you a simple question and all you can come up with is your personal opinion of Hahn and your idea of common sense which contradicts anything printed from the media. Hahn "demanding" Kelly start is a huge leap from Cairo, Katz and the front office making that decision together. Common sense does not allow that much of a leap.Common sense does not extent to Hahn making on field decisions especially with some of the things we've heard all season about TLR being the driving force behind some acquisitions.

I don't let my personal grudges get in the way of an impartial thought process. If I have to stick up for Hahn in one instance out of 100 where your imagination and bias gets the better of you so be it. That does not make him my boy. Hahn blows. He is the driving force that has derailed any chance at a championship or sustained success with his terrible moves. JR and TLR are a very close second.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

On 9/5/2022 at 12:36 AM, South Side Hit Men said:

Rick Hahn is the one who started the opener craze?  Learn a new thing every day 

28 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

See you always go off the rails on a rant. I asked you a simple question and all you can come up with is your personal opinion of Hahn and your idea of common sense which contradicts anything printed from the media. Hahn "demanding" Kelly start is a huge leap from Cairo, Katz and the front office making that decision together. Common sense does not allow that much of a leap.Common sense does not extent to Hahn making on field decisions especially with some of the things we've heard all season about TLR being the driving force behind some acquisitions.

I don't let my personal grudges get in the way of an impartial thought process. If I have to stick up for Hahn in one instance out of 100 where your imagination and bias gets the better of you so be it. That does not make him my boy. Hahn blows. He is the driving force that has derailed any chance at a championship or sustained success with his terrible moves. JR and TLR are a very close second.

Cal, you’ve always been full of s%*#, and always will be.

Tony, Cairo and Katz have been in baseball over a half century, with absolutely zero use or advocation of an opener.

Hahn has been reported to be involved in two lineup decisions, both involved openers and both blew up in his pathetic cowardly face.

Them there are the facts, believe what you want to believe.