9/4 GT: Sox v. Twinkies - Holy Sh*t Boys, We’re onto Something

ChiSox59

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

God damn it I hate bunting 

Romy and Leury weren't gonna actually hit Duran. I had no problem with the bunt, but you gotta execute it better. Either go on the pitch or don't bunt it directly at the pitcher. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bmags said:

2nd and 3rd one out …and you bunt it to the pitcher and have the runner not start until contact with a small lead.

This organization doesn't work on fundamentals.   The players have less awareness on how to play the game than some Freshman B players have in HS.  

Just now, fathom said:

McEwing really screwed up not knowing who was up and who was gonna pitch 

Even if Haseley gets thrown out at home trying to score on the double, you probably keep Duran from pitching in the 7th entirely. That's actually better than what ended up happening. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Romy and Leury weren't gonna actually hit Duran. I had no problem with the bunt, but you gotta execute it better. Either go on the pitch or don't bunt it directly at the pitcher. 

I would have hit Payton for Leury, personally. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

2nd and 3rd one out …and you bunt it to the pitcher and have the runner not start until contact with a small lead.

Too bad Helseley did not score on the double with Leury coming to bat next.  If the bunt would have been a suicide squeeze he would have scored.  

Just now, hankchifan said:

Too bad Helseley did not score on the double with Leury coming to bat next.  If the bunt would have been a suicide squeeze he would have scored.  

Bad coaching on top of bad execution.