Fire Cairo?

KrankinSox

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Bad moves today, starting Leury and bringing V.V. in to pitch the 9th.

He's 4-2 as manager but I'm not sure if he's the guy we want at the helm after TLR retires.

I just want the Sox to conduct a real search for once but from what I've heard from as far back as last year from some folks who follow the club as a profession Cairo is in line for the job when TLR leaves.

If he is truly the right guy, fine...but at least bring in outside candidates, talk with them, pick their brains and see what happens.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Bad moves today, starting Leury and bringing V.V. in to pitch the 9th.

He's 4-2 as manager but I'm not sure if he's the guy we want at the helm after TLR retires.

Not pinch hitting for Leury late with RISP and not replacing Vaughn in LFin the 9 th. We’re not smart moves either.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

The boys are playing hard for their ailing skip. Have enough decency to respect the GOAT (TLR).

If by playing hard for their ailing “skip” you do mean they have an extra skip in their step and feel extra energized after the old anti-fun joy-sucking walking corpse stepped away, then sure, we agree.  

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 2

16 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Cairo should go when TLR is officially gone. I don’t think any non-Tony Stan’s think Cairo is anything but a Tony yes man. I’ll take Cairo 100/100 times over Tony but the Org badly needs all fresh blood next season. 

Totally agree! In any sport when a new manager or head coach comes in, they want and should have their own people. Nobody coming in with the pressure on the new manager to fix this mess, wants another leftover coach telling him, "well, this is how we used to do it"!

Of course Cairo is better than Tony, but there are way better ones out there to replace TLR than only Cairo. The Sox need to do a extensive wide range search. The Sox need a winning veteran manager or some rising star coach who is from a successful winning organization. 

I would at least interview outside candidates. Hahn said that he was going to do that last time, in part, to get ideas about how other orgs do things.  It’s sort of like free industrial espionage.  Interview people from orgs like Tampa, LA, Houston, Baltimore, etc. Maybe they’ll get some new ideas.  Currently, they are a stagnant pool of how baseball teams operated in the late 90s.

• Like 1