9/6 Sox @ Mariners GT, 8:40PM CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

The Mariners were hot and the Sox beat them in their own house. Wasn't pretty but it was a win. However can't keep it up if the bats are going to be the same as they have been all year. Free Colas and leave Romy in . Keep Grandal and Moncada out of the lineup. Give Robert another start but if he looks the same as he did last night he's no help either.

If you look at the AL records since June 1st, July 1st and August 1st the Mariners have the best record no matter which starting date you choose so that's a 3 month run of dominance.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

20 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Debate with friend - can someone please share the link that shows teams ranked by most IL days?

@Balta1701

This might help .https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/disabled-list/cumulative-team/  you can sort it a number of ways .

Interesting  Covid 19 is the injury that has affected the most players on the list.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

3 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Only caught the bottom of the 9th on TV last night. Can you clarify what you mean?  Is Robert still not swinging with two hands?

Very weak at bats with weak contact.  On the positive he did not really seem to be favoring his hand....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Only caught the bottom of the 9th on TV last night. Can you clarify what you mean?  Is Robert still not swinging with two hands?

To be fair he could have been rusty from the time off but Cairo said ,when asked, if Robert was 100% , "It's September , no one is 100%".

He made contact but nothing solid but as I said I'd like to take a look at how he does in another start and then go from there. I know having him in the lineup helps defensively and adds speed but he has to contribute offensively too especially if Cairo decides to keep using Grandal in the middle of the order and sticks Moncada's weak bat back at 3rd.

If the Sox are going to win the division they need offensive help badly.

P.S. Free Colas !

• Like 1

From a Seattle perspective, these are big games for them too. They’re going for the 4-seed and a home series. And if they drop to the 6-seed, would they rather go to Minnesota or Cleveland and avoid Cease, Cueto, and Lynn on the road?  Of course. 

Taking two out of three from the Ms is probably enough to keep pace with the Guardians and vault us past the Twins. But if its going to happen, it kinda feels like tonight has to be the night. Luis Castillo is very good and very hot and very right-handed, and our best-case scenario is that we'll be throwing a slightly rusty Michael Kopech, but at this point it seems more likely that it will be Martin or a bullpen day. A win tomorrow will be a tall order, so we better take advantage of Cueto throwing tonight. 

I think Cueto can hang with any team, so I ain't worried about him.

I hope they can fix the leaks in the catcher's mitts and gloves.

I might offer a hitting approach to the guys: Swing at the pitches that are in the strike zone, don't just watch them go by. And please do not swing at the pitches that are out of the strike zone. Watch those go by.

And for the love of chocolate cake give Pito a #3 wood. He just can NOT hep hissefah.

I ain't stayin' up for this one. Might start it off, but will probably go to the bullpen early.

Gilbert held us to 4 hits and 1 UER earlier in the season, punching out 4.  His stuff looked really damn good that game.  He likes to keep the ball in the zone but has only allowed 17 dongs in 155ip.  

The good news is he's a reverse splits guy...noticeably worse numbers against RHB and has also been considerably worse at home this season.  

We can get him but it's going to take good, patient ABs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quin said:

The Dodgers are just unreal.

Yep and UNREAL for the Dodgers is defined as:

1. Stealing the best GM in baseball Andrew Friedman from Tampa Bay and making him fully in charge as the president of baseball ops.

2. Although the Dodgers have the highest payroll, they have spent it wisely. Even though they spend more than all other teams, Friedman has also drafted and developed prospects well and has the #2 ranked farm system currently.

3. Having said all that...the Dodgers are producing the following results:

MLB stats (NL & AL)

W-L - #1 - 92-42 - 50 games over 500

Hitting
Runs scored - #1
Extra base hits - #1
Home Runs - #4
TB - #1
BA - #1
OBP - #1
SLG - #1
OPS - #1
Run Diff - #1

Pitching
ERA - #1
WHIP - #1
OBA - #1

I wish Jerry understood this and that a change needs to be made.  Jerry please wake the f#*k up and clean house. Quit being so stubborn and stupid! Just go outside and steal someone doing great things for another winning baseball organization and spend the money and make it worthwhile to bring him here. Finally and most importantly, get out of his way and let him run the show entirely without any of your involvement, other than giving him a solid and competitive payroll budget.

If you don't want to do all this, then sell the damn team and let another owner come in who actually might care about winning and running a successful organization like the Dodgers. 

• Like 1