9/6 Sox @ Mariners GT, 8:40PM CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

31 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The guardians close the season with 6 at home against KC. The Sox last 9 are against Minnesota and San Diego. I don't see how the Sox can catch and pass them. 

Need to go all out to pass the Guardians before those 6 games with KC.  If we are behind the Guardians with 6 games to go, then it’s going to be very tough.

1 minute ago, T R U said:

He can’t stay healthy and he has abysmal plate discipline, I’m not saying he’s not a good player but he’s so far from being great it’s not even debatable 

Definitely been a disappointing season in every aspect besides hit tool

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Even with abysmal plate discipline, he's still been an excellent hitter so far in his career. All he needs to do to be a great player is stay healthy. Who knows if he'll be able to do it, though.

Excellent? That’s a stretch

5 minutes ago, T R U said:

He can’t stay healthy and he has abysmal plate discipline, I’m not saying he’s not a good player but he’s so far from being great it’s not even debatable 

Sad thing is if I didn’t know you were talking about Robert I could apply this to about half the normal starting lineup

• Like 2

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

A 127 career wRC+ from a center fielder is very, very good.

Ok, so what is he excellent or very, very good?

look he’s a good player and may be our best player for many years. He’s got a long way to go though. He’s hurt constantly, what’s that saying.. the best ability is availability 

Just now, T R U said:

Ok, so what is he excellent or very, very good?

look he’s a good player and may be our best player for many years. He’s got a long way to go though. He’s hurt constantly, what’s that saying.. the best ability is availability 

okay. you win. I'm not really interested in getting into semantics to this extent.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I don’t know what you’d call 27% above average, but most would call it excellent. 

5th highest wRC+ amongst CFs (min 900 PA's, which is where Robert is at) since he debuted. How good you'd like to classify that is subjective, but his bat hasn't been an issue. We all know he needs to say healthy to eventually be a great player, though.