9/6 Sox @ Mariners GT, 8:40PM CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

6 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I know it was a different situation, but they didn't play service time games with Vaughn or Crochet. If/when they determine Colas is ready, I think he'll be here.

Agreed. Given how they've handled his slow ascension in the minors, seems pretty clear they don't think he's ready for whatever reason. They aren't worried about service time with him.

• Like 1

Just now, wegner said:

Why again did I get re-excited about this .500 club?....oh yeah a Cleveland losing streak.....and then came the Royals.

I laughed yesterday when I was feeling good, thinking the team is playing well…and I saw they’re 4-6 in last 10.  This is all on the offense just sucking though.  Pitching has been great for a while.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

The crazy part about the lack of LHH on the team is you have a LH hitting power bat in AA that you refuse to call up and see what he’s got to help this team….call me crazy but if you are hurting that badly at the position maybe it’s a good idea to see what the kid has

Gavin does not have the bat control to square the ball up enough. Oscar would be a hoot. He is killing it. 

6 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Agreed. Given how they've handled his slow ascension in the minors, seems pretty clear they don't think he's ready for whatever reason. They aren't worried about service time with him.

They should worry more about winning a winnable division. Could be they just want to show Colas who's boss after him mouthing off about being a slave. I know it sounds petty but it is the Sox.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

Disappointing game tonight so far. Don't like Lambert's chances here. No bats for the Sox again. Looks like the excitement of Tony's departure has been snuffed away by Sox lack of talent. You just knew when Jose couldn't score from second on the base hit that the Sox weren't gonna score with hits from Sheets or Pollock. Sox are a .500 piece of mediocrity. Shucks.

Just now, fathom said:

Battled last inning to get two big outs. I’m always a fan of moving to another reliever after those situations.

I'm fine with managing it a bit differently when they're down by a run. Particularly with Munoz and Seawald looming. Normally I'm the person to say manage proactively though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

They should worry more about winning a winnable division. Could be they just want to show Colas who's boss after him mouthing off about being a slave. I know it sounds petty but it is the Sox.

Going with Vaughn-Pollock-Sheets for the last month will be comical