9/6 Sox @ Mariners GT, 8:40PM CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

21 minutes ago, fathom said:

Better get all new coaches and retool the roster.  We both know it’s not going to happen.  It sure as hell sounds like Tony will be back next year.

I really can't believe it will happen.  But don't get me wrong - I understand why everyone is just assuming the worst and that he will be given the choice to be back.  Nothing surprises me with how this organization is running themselves and how archaic they have become.  

7 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Dude gets sore legs.  It reminds me of an NL player going to be a DH in the AL and feels they don't have to work hard.   He could also work on his speed.   Who knows what these guys do in the offseason.  Maybe he does that.

The way injuries are in baseball, the DH/1B may be the least marketable position.   

That'll happen when you overextend a lifelong 1st basemen by trying to turn him into an outfielder. It's obvious his body can't handle ~6 months of playing the outfield, but expecting him to do so after not playing OF in HS, college, or the minor leagues reflects poorly on the White Sox, not him.

• Haha 1

Just now, tray said:

Vaughn's fade has nothing to do with sore legs. It has to do with Vaughn  not being able to lay  off outside sliders with two strikes on him.  He will get better at that over time...but probably not in time for this stretch run.

He has still been an objectively very good hitter this season. I have no idea how anything I said was worth laughing about, but to each their own.

A desultory effort tonight back to three out. 

And they need to shut Robert down for the rest of the year. Guy needs five months to try to get healthy if he can, which frankly I don't know if he's capable of doing that. it's always something with him and a few others on this club.

31 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I think we're going to find out after the season Grandal is having surgery on like 7 different parts of his body. I haven't given up on him for next year, but for right now, it's obvious he just isn't physically capable of doing more than drawing walks and hitting singles.

Sounds like he missed the hit and run sign tonight also, causing Engel to get thrown out. 

I didn't want to open a new thread regarding Luis Robert per @Chisoxfn, but Miguel Cairo provided an update regarding his latest, latest injury.

But first some good news.  WSXEMAN ran into Luis at O'Hare six days ago. Not sure if the hashtag #SpiritAirlines pertained to Jerry's paid travel arrangements for Luis, or for that matter whether Luis is an expectant father.

Now the update.

46 minutes ago, tray said:

Vaughn's fade has nothing to do with sore legs. It has to do with Vaughn  not being able to lay  off outside sliders with two strikes on him.  He will get better at that over time...but probably not in time for this stretch run.

Add high outside fastballs to that.   He has plenty of company on both.

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I didn't want to open a new thread regarding Luis Robert per @Chisoxfn, but Miguel Cairo provided an update regarding his latest, latest injury.

But first some good news.  WSXEMAN ran into Luis at O'Hare six days ago. Not sure if the hashtag #SpiritAirlines pertained to Jerry's paid travel arrangements for Luis, or for that matter whether Luis is an expectant father.

Now the update.

Lol - you are too starting a new thread - just wanted to end the old thread that kept leading to More injuries. It seems like this one really is a non event which is great.